Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price: Nobody Has Done That To Skelton Before!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price: Nobody Has Done That To Skelton Before!

David Price showed what heavyweight boxing is really about with an impressive second-round stoppage of former world title challenger Matt Skelton to retain his British and Commonwealth titles in Liverpool. While former cricketer Andrew Flintoff's flirtation with professional boxing stole the headlines, Liverpudlian Price sought to enhance his growing reputation as a future world champion at Aintree Racecourse.

[Click Here To Read More]

wow he's actually bragging about beating a 45 year old shot fighter who was never even good in his prime? that takes guts. i would feel bad that i beat up an old man and i would probably visit skelton's dressing room and offer to pay for his hip replacement surgery that is imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      wow he's actually bragging about beating a 45 year old shot fighter who was never even good in his prime? that takes guts. i would feel bad that i beat up an old man and i would probably visit skelton's dressing room and offer to pay for his hip replacement surgery that is imminent.
      Hahahaha, thats rich!

Comment

I'm not going to say its wrong to celebrate a victory, but lets put it in context. David Price's win is akin to:

- A marathon runner winning a charity walk
        - A mathematician scoring higher on a math test then a high school student.
        - An All State Singer winning on Karaoke Night.
        - An NBA player winning in a pick up game.
        - A man beating a child at anything.
        - A man in his prime beating an older, more worn out man.

Comment

Price is good, but he is yet to test him and fight a decent opponent, i am suspicious about his chin

Comment

Damn what's all this hate on price for?? He's happy about his victory; let him have that. He's a good prospect and has devastating power. Skelton might be old, but he's solid. It's not like Price says he's ready for klitsckho like some other big HW after beating a bum. It's a mandatory - 2014 we will see him step up to world level and I believe he's up for it.

Comment

Just watched the fight.

Price got hit with some good shots. I see pressure fighters and guys that can work well in the pocket being a HUGE problem for him in the future.

Someone like Chisora would possibly beat Price.

That said, Price is still the top candidate to beat the K2 bros.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Just watched the fight.

Price got hit with some good shots. I see pressure fighters and guys that can work well in the pocket being a HUGE problem for him in the future.

Someone like Chisora would possibly beat Price.

That said, Price is still the top candidate to beat the K2 bros.
                Good post.

Price got nailed with 3 or 4 clean shots in the 1st 5 seconds of the fight and a few more shots before the fight ended. I think the Harrison fight made me conclude that Price was improving in leaps-and-bounds, when it was really just the utter crapiness of Harrison.

I still think Price has a lot of potential, though.

Comment

A fantastic finish but at the beginning his timing was off.
                  Once he found his timing and I saw the finish from the camera behind him you could see what he was trying to do.
                  When Skelton was on the ropes and he was protecting his body Price started on his head and when Skeltons hands went up he looked round the corner and saw the body open then he landed 2 fantastic body shots and it was game over.
                  A great plan executed by a talented and intelligent fighter

Comment

Ok you biglump Price we know you hit hard. But there comes a time when you hit people and there still standing, or you cant hit people.

Finishing off your opponents off like you did Skelton in 2 rounds you arent learning anything, so you should deliberately let the fight go a few rounds.
                    2 wasted fights now, one against Audley and now Skelton, all that training just to prove you hit hard, but we need to see more of you Price before you get in the ring with the likes of Fury or Haye.

Comment

Working...
                    X