No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Devon Alexander Working Hard For Bailey Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Devon Alexander Working Hard For Bailey Shot

Former champion Devon Alexander (23-1, 13KOs) is training hard for his upcoming fight with IBF welterweight king Randall Bailey (43-7, 37KOs). The fight takes place on October 20th at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The fight will be televised on Showtime as part of a big quadrupleheader bill. Photos by King Yella.

[Click Here To Read More]

Devon had a very impressive showing against Marcos Maidana. If he can build on that performance then Bailey is going to get schooled.

Comment

Bailey is flat footed and relies on his right hand too much. There is no reason why Devon should not win this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Mac Stud View Post
        Bailey is flat footed and relies on his right hand too much. There is no reason why Devon should not win this fight.
        hopefully he does, cause i really want to see malignaggi/alexander. let's see what happens though, bailey def has a chance to upset. looking forward to the fight/card.

Comment

Alexander looks more and more like Holyfield to me as he ages.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            hopefully he does, cause i really want to see malignaggi/alexander. let's see what happens though, bailey def has a chance to upset. looking forward to the fight/card.

I definately DO NOT want to see Malignaggi vs Alexander. Malignaggi is done and way past his prime. He can collect his gatekeeper paychecks and sail off to the sunset. I'd much rather see Alexander mix it up with some prime WWs like a Berto, Guererro, Ortiz, maybe even a Bradley rematch IF he can keep winning. Bailey only has a punchers chance.

Comment

Bailey had a cold or something in the Boxing Lab interview, he sounded like he was ill but didn't actually say so.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Devon had a very impressive showing against Marcos Maidana. If he can build on that performance then Bailey is going to get schooled.
                Maidana just isn't the same fighter at 147 so I don't look too much into that performance. But Alexander does look like he belongs at the weight now.

Comment

Originally posted by ChestRockwell View Post
                  Alexander looks more and more like Holyfield to me as he ages.
                  HAH! yep, I totally see that

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Mac Stud View Post
                    Damn Mac, where did you get your avatar pic, I hope you peeped that in person

Also, cosign on what you said about Alexander. I wonder if Devon would have as easy a time with Maidana as he did last time. Maidana looked real good in his fight with Soto-Karass. His footwork was better, he slipped punches, putting em in combination, I'm pretty sure he even used the shoulder roll effectively a couple times against the ropes. He looked good...

Comment

Working...
                    X