Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Chavez Jr. beats Martinez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Chavez Jr were to beat Martinez, and I think he has a better chance at it than most people give him, it'll be because he's a lot bigger, not because he's a better fighter. Sergio is a natural junior middle weight and we all know Chavez Jr is a light-heavyweight at the least when the bell rings.

How much of a P4P elite would Chavez Jr be, as some people have mentioned they might conisder him, if Martinez hits him with his best shots early and Junior walks through them coz of the size advantage and breaks Sergio down, then goes to 168 like he'll have to and can't compete with a top fighter there without the same kind of size advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Even if he beat Martinez I would view Chavez as a joke, I just see nothing special in him. The MW division is one of the weakest in all of boxing, seems like the only reason he would even have a chance at beating him is because of his size. Martinez is also aging, at his age a fighter could dramatically decline in just 1 year.

The only way Chavez gains any respect from me is if he beats an of the top SMW, he'd get KOd by Abraham IMO and would get out boxed by Johnson, can't wait until he moves to SMW.
      you dont know how to appreciate good body combination punching. Even Roy jones jr was wowed on his ability to combine body shot and finish upstairs in a graceful fashion. what wrong with you???

Comment

I want him to take a drug test.

And pass it

Comment

If he beats Sergio, he'll blow Canelo's star out of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Vale Moreno III View Post
            If Chavez Jr. beats Martinez.
            There is no IF.

Comment

Originally posted by Vale Moreno III View Post
              I think that if Chavez Jr. can beat Martinez September 15, not only will it be the best victory of his career but it will also show he belongs in the top tier. He will have proven he is foreal and one of the best. I'm not picking him to win, I think Martinez will pull it out. What do you guys think?
              What if Sergio beats him to a pulp? Just saying, what does that make Chavez getting beaten by a man nearly 10 years older? Does he become a bum? Was Sergio merely lucky? Will Sergio finally get the credit he deserves?

There is all this talk about how Chavez jr is a beast, a monster, the best thing since sliced bread but if he gets beaten, how will the public look at him after that?

I think people are buying into his wins a bit too much personally. People claimed that Martinez's opposition was weak and subpar but they were basically undefeated and the top guys ranked to fight him. I think that the opposition that Sergio has faced and dominated has been vastly superior to that of Chavez but I guess we'll have to wait until Sept. 15th to truly find out, if the fight really does happen.

Comment

Its Top Rank so its definately possible. They already have 2 bogus decisions under their belt with Abril/Rios and Pac/Bradley, why not go for the trifecta! lol
                not to mention Jr doesnt have to submit MANDATORY pre-fight urine samples so...

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
                  he's already a top 5 middleweight. IF he beats sergio, he is the #1 middleweight (lineal champ as well)
                  In addition to this he will have beaten a fighter often ranked #3 in the world PFP. which should earn him a place in the top 10 PFP.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    What if Sergio beats him to a pulp? Just saying, what does that make Chavez getting beaten by a man nearly 10 years older? Does he become a bum? Was Sergio merely lucky? Will Sergio finally get the credit he deserves?

There is all this talk about how Chavez jr is a beast, a monster, the best thing since sliced bread but if he gets beaten, how will the public look at him after that?

I think people are buying into his wins a bit too much personally. People claimed that Martinez's opposition was weak and subpar but they were basically undefeated and the top guys ranked to fight him. I think that the opposition that Sergio has faced and dominated has been vastly superior to that of Chavez but I guess we'll have to wait until Sept. 15th to truly find out, if the fight really does happen.
                    I'm not crowning him anything yet. The reason I said if is because Martinez is the #3 p4p fighter right now. Ima big Sergio fan and I even stated that I thought he would win. He should win. He should box circles around Chavez. If he doesn't tho then Chavez will have proven himself against someone elite. That all I'm sayin.

Comment

diuretic man will win.he don't take urine test.

and don't forget of glucosal solutions... to up 20lb the same day of fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X