Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats going on in the Mayweather Camp?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats going on in the Mayweather Camp?

He was supposed to officially announce who his opponent would be a few days before Christmas and now we are about 30 days past that date. With a lil over 3 months left to May 4th, it seems there is a severe problem with his confirming an opponent. Mayweather have been known to say it takes 6 month to promote a fight and he now down to about half that time.

I know no one knows the truth so thought we can speculate.

Canelo trying to be a boss and call the shots and Floyd ain't having it.

Canelo saying "I'm tired of you using me to boost your PPV's. I'm not doing this again unless you agree to fight me and let me get my money".

Floyd saying, "who the **** are you? I'm the cash cow and I'm doing you a favor by putting you on my PPV's. You making money off my name. I'll decide when I want to fight you and what I'm going to pay you"

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      He was supposed to officially announce who his opponent would be a few days before Christmas and now we are about 30 days past that date. With a lil over 3 months left to May 4th, it seems there is a severe problem with his confirming an opponent. Mayweather have been known to say it takes 6 month to promote a fight and he now down to about half that time.

I know no one knows the truth so thought we can speculate.

Well Mayweather is having trouble at the doctors. He is being treated for the HIV virus. You see he caught the HIV virus after having sex with Ms.Jackson. She caught it from 50cent because he was banging her out while Floyd was in prison. Funny enough while Floyd was in prison, he was getting the clap from Fleece Johnson The Booty Warrior.

So yea hold on to your cholos, it's going to be a while...

Comment

I think Mayweather will be fighting Guerrero on May 4th 2013. I don't think he will fight Canelo.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...-deal-drags-on

I'm going with the idea that they're waiting for the Super Bowl hype to settle down, then use the gathered media for that event to start publicizing the May 4 fight. It's win-win for them. There's all this press and media already put together by the NFL, you get some reporters to ask some NFL players who they think will win, etc. All the logistics are already in place and they don't need to spend a dime.

If they announced it earlier, it would have gotten lost in the hype of the NFL playoffs. People are talking Flacco, Lewis, Kaepernick, Brady, etc. right now.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post

Well Mayweather is having trouble at the doctors. He is being treated for the HIV virus. You see he caught the HIV virus after having sex with Ms.Jackson. She caught it from 50cent because he was banging her out while Floyd was in prison. Funny enough while Floyd was in prison, he was getting the clap from Fleece Johnson The Booty Warrior.

So yea hold on to your cholos, it's going to be a while...
            now thats a damn lie...Dont lie on that man like that.

He caught it in Jail! :AOR:

Comment

His fights seem to fluctuate around his gambling debts. If he wins his bet on the Superbowl he'll fight next year. If he loses, he'll fight in May.

Comment

Who cares? I think 2013 is going to be the year of the new breed and im all for it.

Comment

He changed his mind is now announcing his retirement, because the 154 division is heating up.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                    http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...-deal-drags-on

I'm going with the idea that they're waiting for the Super Bowl hype to settle down, then use the gathered media for that event to start publicizing the May 4 fight. It's win-win for them. There's all this press and media already put together by the NFL, you get some reporters to ask some NFL players who they think will win, etc. All the logistics are already in place and they don't need to spend a dime.

If they announced it earlier, it would have gotten lost in the hype of the NFL playoffs. People are talking Flacco, Lewis, Kaepernick, Brady, etc. right now.
                    I agree with this, looking back at the timeline on the Cotto fight, it wasn't announced officially until the last days in January.

Floyd almost always uses the "Media Row" during Super Bowl week as a launching point. Makes it easy to make the rounds and try to spread the word there.
                    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 01-21-2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X