No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan-Josesito Lopez Could Be Next For April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan-Josesito Lopez Could Be Next For April

Sources close to the situation have advised BoxingScene.com that Josesito Lopez (30-5, 18KOs) has emerged as the early frontrunner to face former champion Amir Khan in April.

After suffering back to back defeats, Khan (27-3, 19KOs) returned on Saturday night and dominated Carlos Molina for a TKO in ten. Lopez had a year filled with ups and downs. He moved up to the welterweight division and scored one of the year's biggest upsets with a ninth round stoppage of Victor Ortiz. He then moved up again, to junior middleweight, but bit off more than he could chew when WBC champion Saul Alvarez dropped him three times for a fifth round TKO.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Very good fight. I'd be supporting my boy Lopez.

Comment

Bad fight for Khan Lopez has the power to crack his glass jaw.

Comment

tough fight, but i reckon it would turn out more like khan-maidana than khan-garcia.

Comment

Khan should be able to win this fight easily. Lopez busted Ortiz' jaw though, so he has pop. I wouldn't be surprised if he floored Khan during the fight at some point. I doubt he'll stop him though, he'll probably win a 9-3/10-2 decision, but get caught a lot when they trade and possibly go down.

Comment

great fight!

Comment

Decent fight. Winnable for Khan, though Lopez is exactly the kind of fighter that will give him fits.

Comment

I mean i guess .

Comment

Good fight for both fighters. I wonder how much Lopez has left though. He jumped to 147 and had a war with Ortiz. Than jumped up again to 154 to take a beating. Might be difficult to get back Down to 140

Comment

Decent fight for Khan before getting back in there with Garcia. It should be either Lopez or Peterson next.

Comment

Working...
                    X