Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Of Ron Lyle KO'd Frazier? Did Frazier Avoid Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Having lived though that period I can tell you that there wasn't even a whisper about Frazier ducking Lyle. Frazier was considered heavyweight elite and could pick who he wanted at that point. Once Lyle was exposed by Quarry and was never considered as highly at that time as he is on this forum.
    Yeah, Lyle really didn't rise to prominence until well after Frazier had lost the belt. After that Frazier was focusing solely on rematches with Ali and Foreman.

Poet

Comment

Quarry handled Lyle easily

and after also beating Shavers, it was Quarry who got the Frazier fight, not Lyle. At that point, Lyle did not have one big win over any young, decent heavies. He did not deserve a fight against Frazier at that point.

Comment

I never heard anything about Joe avoiding Lyle. Lyle really didn't get to the top til later in Joe's career but if were earlier Joe would have beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
          Well, Lyle's chin was never that good either so I think Joe would actually KO him and stop him late. Lyle might have some success early on in the fight though.
          That was a he'll of a shot from Shavers he got up from?

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
            That was a he'll of a shot from Shavers he got up from?
            I guess his chin was inconsistent more then anything. Yeah he showed a good chin in the Lyle fight but I can't talk about his chin in the Bonavena fight or in the Ali fight.

Comment

99 percent chance of Ron NOT kayoing Joe.I could see Ron flooring Joe early, but late in the fight, Joe really lays it on for a 12th round stoppage.

Comment

ron was a good fighter but not on joes level.

Comment

Working...
                X