Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the latest on Fedor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] What's the latest on Fedor?

I've kinda been outta the loop. What's the latest? Who's he fighting next?

Is the MMA world over him after the Werdum loss?

Because they shouldn't be...

havent heard nothing yet. just rumours that he might fight for the HW belt...which is stupid becoz he lost his last fight

hes too inactive for my liking....

Comment

Fedor to Retire.

September 29th 2010.
      Fedor Emelianenko was advised by a panel of MMA experts that he should
      retire from competition, for his own good and the sanity of his nut huggers.
      The expert panel consisted of 10 members from FOX Sports, and 1 member from Boxingscene.com who remains unknown.

WWW.believe.com

Comment

He lost to Werdum . Werdum was going to fight Overeem for the strikeforce HW title but he got injured and he will be out till 2011. Overeem wanted to fight Fedor next since Werdum was out but Fedor's team declined the fight. Overeem then opted to go to K1 and participate in this years K1 World GP Finale. 2 days after Overeem signed with K1 Fedor called him out(bitch move).

I haven't heard anything since but Overeem hinted Fedor will fight Antonio Silva(Who just beat Arlovski) in December or January maybe then the winner gets a title shot with Overeem.

We will see...

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
          He lost to Werdum . Werdum was going to fight Overeem for the strikeforce HW title but he got injured and he will be out till 2011. Overeem wanted to fight Fedor next since Werdum was out but Fedor's team declined the fight. Overeem then opted to go to K1 and participate in this years K1 World GP Finale. 2 days after Overeem signed with K1 Fedor called him out(bitch move).

I haven't heard anything since but Overeem hinted Fedor will fight Antonio Silva(Who just beat Arlovski) in December or January maybe then the winner gets a title shot with Overeem.

We will see...
          can you post a link that fedor ducked overeem?

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            can you post a link that fedor ducked overeem?
            It's not hard to understand. Overeem tried to make the fight happen but no words came out of Fedor's camp so he decided to go to K1 then instead of fighting Antonio Silva who did answer him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
              It's not hard to understand. Overeem tried to make the fight happen but no words came out of Fedor's camp so he decided to go to K1 then instead of fighting Antonio Silva who did answer him.
              This is basically the case. I'm not sure if it's correct to say that Fedor ducked him, but Overeem's camp expressed interest publicly, and then opted to sign on for the K-1 GP when no adequate response was issued. I have to assume though that they negotiated and failed to come to agree on terms, and due to the time limitations with K-1 coming up, Overeem signed on. It's just business/politics as usual really. Overeem always had the K-1 thing in his back pocket so it's not really a shock that he took that rout (which I don't take anything away from him for, and am kind of glad he's in it). It's true that Fedor called Overeem out, according to Overeem's camp, it was 2 days after Overeem's participation in K-1 went public. In any case though, fights aren't negotiated through the press so I don't put too much into that. My personal sentiment is that Fedor likely wants to avenge his loss as soon as possible. With Overeem fighting in K-1 in December, and Werdum supposedly coming back early next year, this seems like what may happen. Incidentally, reports have circulated that Fedor is out of action for the rest of the year, which would potentially coincide with Werdum's return.

I've been calling for Fedor to fight Bigfoot in the fall for some time, but my impression is that the Fedor camp doen't favor the risk:reward on that one. Not that Bigfoot is a huge risk, but they probably don't feel he brings enough to the table to warrant the fight (and there is always some risk, especially against a guy of Bigfoot's stature).

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                This is basically the case. I'm not sure if it's correct to say that Fedor ducked him, but Overeem's camp expressed interest publicly, and then opted to sign on for the K-1 GP when no adequate response was issued. I have to assume though that they negotiated and failed to come to agree on terms, and due to the time limitations with K-1 coming up, Overeem signed on. It's just business/politics as usual really. Overeem always had the K-1 thing in his back pocket so it's not really a shock that he took that rout (which I don't take anything away from him for, and am kind of glad he's in it). It's true that Fedor called Overeem out, according to Overeem's camp, it was 2 days after Overeem's participation in K-1 went public. In any case though, fights aren't negotiated through the press so I don't put too much into that. My personal sentiment is that Fedor likely wants to avenge his loss as soon as possible. With Overeem fighting in K-1 in December, and Werdum supposedly coming back early next year, this seems like what may happen. Incidentally, reports have circulated that Fedor is out of action for the rest of the year, which would potentially coincide with Werdum's return.

I've been calling for Fedor to fight Bigfoot in the fall for some time, but my impression is that the Fedor camp doen't favor the risk:reward on that one. Not that Bigfoot is a huge risk, but they probably don't feel he brings enough to the table to warrant the fight (and there is always some risk, especially against a guy of Bigfoot's stature).
                so basically, overeem decided to go fight in K-1 instead of fighting fedor....

it sounds to me like fedor wanted the fight but overeem didnt want to take the chance so he went to K-1 to fight

Comment

Overeem didnt want to fight Fedor coming off a loss, he felt that Fedor should've got a win before challenging Overeem and that Overeem should fight Werdum. Ubereem probably would've taken the Fedor fight, but Fedor didnt make an offer. Overeem signed for K1, Fedor's camp said that Fedor wanted the fight.

Overeem is fully blameless really, but dont pretend that he DID want the Fedor fight, because he explained that he didnt feel he should fight someone coming off a loss.

Fedor isnt all that much to blame really. He lost to Werdum and was looking for a fight, his promotion company were looking at all the wrong fights and by the time they turned their attention properly to Overeem, he was already signed for the K1.

Comment

Originally posted by .Mik. View Post
                    Overeem didnt want to fight Fedor coming off a loss, he felt that Fedor should've got a win before challenging Overeem and that Overeem should fight Werdum. Ubereem probably would've taken the Fedor fight, but Fedor didnt make an offer. Overeem signed for K1, Fedor's camp said that Fedor wanted the fight.

Overeem is fully blameless really, but dont pretend that he DID want the Fedor fight, because he explained that he didnt feel he should fight someone coming off a loss.

Fedor isnt all that much to blame really. He lost to Werdum and was looking for a fight, his promotion company were looking at all the wrong fights and by the time they turned their attention properly to Overeem, he was already signed for the K1.
                    I agree with this, basically.

I personally have a difficult time believing that Overeem and Fedor's management teams weren't actually in talks with one another. My best guess is that they didn't come to a workable agreement within the alloted time period. K-1 being on the table both adds variables, given that Overeem had multiple avenues to consider, and also resulted in a significant time constraint. I don't blame either guy, but irregardless I certainly cannot blame Overeem for fighting in K-1 in the least, either. The K-1 grand prix is one of the biggest events out there, and Overeem has a serious chance to win it.

Comment

Working...
                    X