No announcement yet.

P4P best punchers all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4P best punchers all time

A few years back Ring magazine came out with its 100 hardest punchers. The only thing I really remeber from it was that Joe Louis was number one. Who are your ten best punchers p4p all time?

Here are mine in no particular order.

Joe Louis
    Earnie Shavers
    Bob Foster
    Wilfredo Gomez
    Tommy Hearns
    Jimmy Wilde
    Stanley Ketchel
    Sam Langford
    Archie Moore
    Naseem Hamed

Julian Jackson

Comment

Joe Louis
      Thomas Hearns
      Julian Jackson
      Earnie Shavers
      George Foreman
      Archie Moore
      Wilfredo Gomez
      Alexis Arguello
      Ray Robinson
      Stanley Ketchel

No real order. These types of lists are tough, but all of those guys were great punchers. Arguello and Louis with their flawless technique, Shavers and Foreman with their crushing raw power, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        A few years back Ring magazine came out with its 100 hardest punchers. The only thing I really remeber from it was that Joe Louis was number one. Who are your ten best punchers p4p all time?

Joe Louis
        Earnie Shavers
        Bob Foster
        Wilfredo Gomez
        Tommy Hearns
        Jimmy Wilde
        Stanley Ketchel
        Sam Langford
        Archie Moore
        Naseem Hamed

It wasn't the top 100 hardest punchers..it was the "best" punchers. Louis wouldn't be anywhere near that list when it comes to Raw power.

Best punchers:

Julian Jackson
        Thomas Hearns
        Earnie Shavers
        George Foreman
        Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          Best punchers:

Julian Jackson
          Thomas Hearns
          Earnie Shavers
          George Foreman
          Mike Tyson
          good list, ill add

julian jackson
          gerald mcclennan
          sandy saddler

Comment

Terry McCovern?

Comment

Joe Louis
              Earnie Shavers
              Bob Foster
              Wilfredo Gomez
              Tommy Hearns
              Jimmy Wilde
              Stanley Ketchel
              Sam Langford
              Archie Moore
              Naseem Hamed

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                It wasn't the top 100 hardest punchers..it was the "best" punchers. Louis wouldn't be anywhere near that list when it comes to Raw power.

Joe Louis was one of the most destructive punchers ever. His two fisted power is on par with anyone in history. If you think this is even close to debatable I welcome the challenge. What could possibly make you say such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
                  You go ahead and laugh. But with an almost 85% ko ratio in 37 fights and the testament of Emanuel Stewart saying he was the best puncher he had ever worked with (including Hearns), Im pretty comfortable putting him on a list as subjective as this. I was about 50 feet away from the ring the night he sent Augie Sanchez out of the ring on a stretcher. Hameds punches sound like gunshots when you see him live. The guy could punch.

Comment

You go ahead and laugh. But with an almost 85% ko ratio in 37 fights and the testament of Emanuel Stewart saying he was the best puncher he had ever worked with (including Hearns), Im pretty comfortable putting him on a list as subjective as this. I was about 50 feet away from the ring the night he sent Augie Sanchez out of the ring on a stretcher. Hameds punches sound like gunshots when you see him live. The guy could punch.
                    I agree with you Jab. Anybody who finds that pick funny is likely laughing from personal dislike and definitely ignorance. Hamed could punch. One punch KO power and unusual power for a man in his weight class

Comment

Working...
                    X