Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse Discusses Peterson, Says Alexander is Tougher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthysse Discusses Peterson, Says Alexander is Tougher

Lucas Matthysse’s quest to prove he’s the best Junior Welterweight in the world continues as he’s taking on a very tough assignment in Lamont Peterson. The winner will continue on in the unofficial 140 pound tourney as there will be much more clarity as to who the best really is.

While titles won’t be on the line, it’s always a great when the best fight the best and that’s exactly what we are going to see this Saturday. When Matthysse was on the most recent edition of BoxingScene Radio, he was asked if he felt Peterson was the toughest fight of his career. [Click Here To Read More]

Matthysse was on Bscene Radio? He speaks english?

Comment

Don't jump the gun, Lucas.

Leave this comment for after the fight. That's if you'd still feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
        Matthysse was on Bscene Radio? He speaks english?
        Boxingscene never literally writes what a foreign fighter says, they translate it, or there's a translator there.

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoyRoy 88 View Post
          Boxingscene never literally writes what a foreign fighter says, they translate it, or there's a translator there.
          That makes sense lol.
          But I think Peterson would beat Alexander if the were to ever fight

Comment

Alexander is probably a more difficult opponent stylistically for Matthysse. But if Peterson and Alexander went head to head I think pressure, body punching and inside game would be the difference.

I like to see Matthysse speak highly on Alexander's abilities though. He's gone from severely overrated to severely underrated in such a short period of time. He's been in there with him so he should know better than anybody.

Comment

It is weird of him to assume Alexander was better. But hey, he's the pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                That makes sense lol.
                But I think Peterson would beat Alexander if the were to ever fight
                Alexander would school Peterson like Bradley did

Comment

I think he meant that Alexandet is a tougher fight for him because he's a lefty, and holds all night. Peterson fights like a real man which means an easier fight for Lucas. AP is his type of fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                    Alexander would school Peterson like Bradley did
                    It's possible. Or Maybe Peterson would school Alexander like Matthysse did

But I like all of the mentioned fighters so it don't matter who beats who lol

Comment

Working...
                    X