Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better legacy between Pacquiao and Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
    what do you guys think?
    I knew u had to be new!

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
      None of them even come close to borderline HOF seriously.
      You're a moron I named guys who are already in the HOF.

At that time LW division sucked, all those DeJesus, Ishimatsu, Lampkin, Bizzarro, Viruet, Robertson didn't win anything significant before facing Duran.

Many boxers you pointed like Marcel were green without experience and zero accomplishments. Just because Duran was KOing contenders impressively doesn't mean that he was beating elite fighters.
      LOL @ Marcel being Green when he had damn near double the fights Duran had and and was a pro longer than Duran.

Kobayshi my ass doesn't make you ATG and that mediocre contender Jorge Castro beat him by a decision.
      Kobayashi was a damn good LW. Better than F'ing Diaz I tell you that much. Wayyyyyyyyyy better.

He beat Castro and that mediocre Castro. Was a prime Castro with wins over John David Jackson and Reggie Johnson.

Again think about he beat Ernesto Marcel at SFW in 1970 and then beat Jorge Castro at SMW in 1997....

When Pac has a good win against a prime top fighter 15 years from now...Then you can come talk to me...Until that day just STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        margo when he fought him-not elite
        clottey-not elite
        mosley now-not elite
        All 3 fighters are elite. We may need a thread defining what elite means. So everyone can agree on it, since around it here it appears somewhat subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          IBHOF has neglected certain fighters its almost criminal.
          It is, I see DeJusus not in it...But, then McGuigan is in it?

How's that possible?

It's going to be sad that Cotto might get in yet Eddie Booker is not in it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
            All 3 fighters are elite. We may need a thread defining what elite means. So everyone can agree on it, since around it here it appears somewhat subjective.
            You think Mosley and Margarito are elite now?

There were elite at one time but now?

Comment

I think it's funny how instinto is forming all these opinions on all these guys he's never seen fight and only knows through boxrec.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
                I think it's funny how instinto is forming all these opinions on all these guys he's never seen fight and only knows through boxrec.com
                that's *******s for you.

Comment

Again, I don't think people have enough understanding to know how impressive to beat Ernesto Marcel(who was good fighter) at super featherweight in 1970(not a typo 130 in 1970) and then beat Jorge Castro(big strong tough fighter) at Super Middleweight in 1997(not a typo 168 in 1997).

That is a span of 27 of years where he beat 2 top good fighters that were 7 weight-classes apart man.

27 years 7 weight-classes apart this man beat top contenders damn good fighters.

And, between that time period he dominated and cleaned out a division, becoming easily a top 3 greatest LW of all time. Top 3, arguably the goat at 145. Arguably the GOAT at 135. I have him #1 at 135...The only 2 who have a case is B. Loenard and Gans to be ranked ahead of Duran at 135.

Then had success at WW and at MW.

And, this man started his career at the age of 16 or 17 around the bantamweight limit.

Just think about that for a second to realize how crazy that is.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                    he would ko alot of people in 2 rounds..
                    He has a point, though. Duran lost A LOT of fights, even when he was still younger and viable. He quit, he was KOed, about boxed, by all kinds of guys. His win over Leonard is great, and his LW is great, but all of the GOAT **** he gets is over done.

Comment

I am a guy that knows Duran is overrated at times an the same goes for Pacquiao. What we cant forget is that Pac got to where he is through trial by fire too. In the lower weight classes their aint many that could have with stood the greats that he conquered let alone win most of the fights. If he had stayed in the lower weights he would have been a hall of famer. He decided to try to bite a bigger piece and that gamble worked. Another aspect to look at is the fact that Duran has a losing record vs the other HoFers of his era and Pac is a competitive loss and a draw from being undefeated against his generation of Hof Famers.

I keep hearing people say "well Duran fought for thirty years".So what? If those latter years werent years of him at the top of his game then its no more impressive than RJJ or Toney holding on.

To make a long story its really a subject worth debate and not out of the question for Manny to get some votes. I know it seems like I hate Duran at times but its not the case. I just see him as a human and not a boxing God.

Comment

Working...
                      X