Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortiz vs Malignaggi early 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paulie going to show him the true power of boxing...break his jaw again with the first punch of the fight....

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      Haven't see it yet. Watching it tonight. I'll drop you the verdict after I've seen mate.

Is it up there with previous SOA finale's?
      It's solid. My favorite season finale was probably my least favorite season (though I enjoy every season), season 3's finale was dope. It's solid. Not going to spoil anything obviously, but there's a bat s**t crazy scene with Otto in the finale.

But it's good.

Comment

Kind of awkward, paulie and ortiz seemed to be real cool with each other. victor actually flew out to NY to support paulie his last fight. But anyways Ortiz by late stoppage.

Comment

Man I feel for malignaggi I really do like him but Ortiz is gonna destroy him won't go past 6

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
            Man I feel for malignaggi I really do like him but Ortiz is gonna destroy him won't go past 6
            it'll go past 6.....paulie's a tough sob but i think we'll see paulie counted out or saved by the ref

Comment

Paulie has nothing to keep Ortiz off of him,he will get mauled

Comment

Paulie should fight the Alexander-Brook winner.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Paulie should fight the Alexander-Brook winner.
                  Yeah, alexander is a much more winnable fight for paulie and plus they've been talking **** back and forth for like 2 years now. Havent seen much of brook so cant comment on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    Yeah, alexander is a much more winnable fight for paulie and plus they've been talking **** back and forth for like 2 years now. Havent seen much of brook so cant comment on him.
                    Both Brook and Alexander are definitely more beatable than Ortiz, imo he is all wrong for Malignaggi almost everywhere except the paycheque.

Comment

Seems Schaefer wants Ortiz v Malignaggi:

Malignaggi: “There are a lot of good welterweights. Kell Brook Devon Alexander winner is an interesting fight; it would make for a unification. Robert Guerrero is a good fighter. Either (Marcos) Maidana or (Victor) Ortiz would make for a good fight. I’m blessed to be in a good weight class and have a great promoter.”

That great promoter he is referring to is Golden Boy Promotions. While in New York last weekend, Richard Schaefer spoke to ThaBoxingVoice.com regarding the return of Victor Ortiz. “Ortiz is doing much better, swelling is done, ready to go in March and that’s when we plan to get him back. He doesn’t want any tune ups, so we have to see about a fight with him and Paulie in March or April. From a timing point of view it might work out as well,” explained Schaefer.

However, there have been possible rumblings of another rematch against another UK star in Amir Khan. Khan has lost two straight and changed trainers. But should Khan win next week and want to test the waters at 147, Paulie Malignaggi would love to avenge that loss. “That’s (Amir Khan) another fight. He’s at 140 but if he comes at 147 we can make that happen. I said that in the Hatton fight, anytime you get a chance to avenge a loss, who wouldn’t want to get that opportunity, why wouldn’t I?”

When speaking to Schaefer on what the plans for Khan would be should he win and want to move up to welterweight, Schaefer acknowledge that rematch for Khan-Malignaggi is a possibility. “Things that happen with Khan and Paulie, they’ve gone in opposite directions. Now at 147, it could be a different fight and a possibility. Depends if Amir wants to stay at 140 or fight at 147. If he stays at 140, he wants to have revenge against Danny Garcia. Then I think he might stay, if not he moves up to 147 because there’s seriously not much at 140.”

Comment

Working...
                      X