Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody talking about Jake Shields getting his ass whooped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody talking about Jake Shields getting his ass whooped?

His shots were futile and he ate a brutal knee, Jake Ellenberger stopped him in the first round.

too many UFC haters and Strikeforce lovers. (like kaps)

can't bring themselves to even mention this fight.

But yeah, that was a big win for Ellenberger, not to say that I'm surprised considering the difficulty Shields had with Kampmann. Fighters tend to look different in the UFC where most of the talent is very well-rounded.

I don't ever see another organization below UFC reaching the level that Pride did. UFC is just too big now.

Comment

Nothing surprising. I knew Shields had a questionable chin.

the night of fights, simply was not interesting.

Comment

Looking around at most forums MMA and otherwise they're talking more about Mayweather/Ortiz than the Fight Night card. I despise Jake Sheilds, the only boring fighter from Cesar Gracie's camp, pretty happy he got exposed....

Comment

Yea I caught the fight, I wasnt expecting that but then again I havent been keeping up lately.

Comment

Ellenberger was just a bad match for Shields. Shields is a top control master, but I figured he'd have a hard time attaining that control over Ellenberger. Losing to Ellenberger dosen't mean Shields sucks, and it dosen't mean that the talent he fought outside the UFC was sub-par, it just means that he matches up poorly with Ellenberger.

Comment

shows that GSP was shiet thats how a champ shouldve stopped a challenger..

Comment

I kind of felt like it was stopped early. Clearly Hendo dropped him, and he went for the same **** he'd started to do the ellenberger, but ended up grabbing the ref. Jake's been knocked out, and held on to a single plenty of times. It's almost a signature move. It's unfair to those who've dropped him and suffered the single, and unfair to Jake given he'd been far less successful had prior refs jumped in that early. Inversely in prior events where this had happened, including the one mentioned, I'd felt the ref should have stopped the fight before Jake was able to recover. I guess I kind of feel like others had set a precedence that he should have followed.

Comment

For some reason, I can't stand Jake. Just his face annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by BALLISTIC View Post
                    shows that GSP was shiet thats how a champ shouldve stopped a challenger..
                    It's not like that. GSP has so much more to lose so of course he's gonna fight with more caution.

But yeah, Shields has to be one of the most overrated fighters ever. Terrible UFC debut against Kampmann in a fight that some think he lost, loses to GSP, and now gets KOed.

Comment

Working...
                    X