Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Khan's chin really the main problem or is it....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan almost hired Floyd Sr as a trainer instead of Roach. I think he should look into that route. Freddie's been around and knows how to give fighters the right strategy to use with their existing skills.

But Floyd can actually ADD new skills to his fighters, and that's what sets him apart. Also with his reach and fast hands, Khan is well-suited from countering from a defensive "shell" style.

Comment

Yall talking about his chin the blow that ended it was to the neck khan came out looking very sharp his problem last night was he wasn't fighting his fight he was trying to prove to everybody he can stand there and go toe to toe and get the early ko all Garcia was hitting him with was power punches he did display good boxing skills but during the exchanges is when u get caught and a blow to the neck immediately immobilized him, I can't imagine how that feel but I think that blow would knock anybody down

Comment

And some picked Khan to beat Cotto Or worst Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          The fact that he's opening himself up to take those shots??

Dont get me wrong, no one's saying he has a solid chin but still, with his skillset he should be doing so much more to AVOID getting hit like that on his chin yet every fight he's getting caught clean on his chin.

I know we said the same after Prescott but that left hook last night would have knocked any 140 pounder down and most of them OUT.

The real problem is why the **** does he always leave himself open to those shots?? You cant blame Roach if Khans ring IQ is probably the worst i have ever seen. He's makes soooo many daft mistakes in there it's unbelievable. You can change trainers after every fight but untill Khan himself humbles himself down and decides to use his skills and fight rather than get into a war he'll always run the risk of getting KO'd.

Dont get me wrong, its ****ing great entertainment but thats where Khan has to make his choice. Does he care more about pleasing the crowd or getting the job done?
          I agree with this. His amatuerish style and constant leaning in leaves him wide open to the counter. I really like watching Khan and I wish he would fix this..

Comment

his chin is a flaw but far from his worst problem. his worst problems are his lack of inside fighting ability, his lack of defence and above anything else hi slack of fighting intelligence. those are his main problems.

the guys who knocked him out were punchers, the same shot that dropped khan dropped morales. diffrence was morales knew what to when he was hurt, he didnt panic and he knew how to defend himself including on the inside. khan meanwhile did one of three things, he either wobbled around the ring like a drunk, stood still and absorbed punishment on the inside or fired back leaving himself wide open.

everyone gets hurt, its how you respond. khan has the heart but he doesnt have the skill or intelligence to survive in those situations. even when he survived in the past like against maidana he did a terrible job when he was hurt.

Comment

His chin isnt the main problem

His problem is he cant stick to a game play...or stick to what hes best at

He should have been boxing as he did in round 1 and 2....but he decides to start brawling with a brawler....he was caught plenty of times in the 3rd round before the KD...I had garcia winning the round...then he got inside n tried to trade...n paid for it

His chin is decent, he took big punches even after the KD on wobbley legs n still stayed up

His problem is hes too stubborn and wont stick to his best thing - boxing

Comment

I'd say his defense is at massive fault here. Those left hooks Garcia landed were big shots. His chin isn't great that's a given but those shots would rock most guys. He lacks the ring intelligence though. He's paying the price for reckless antics. Everyone gets hurt in fights, but you need to how to deal with it, and Khan doesn't. Once hurt you getting feeling Khan is on his way to a loss.

I'm not sure Khan will learn even now. It's in his genes to fight with fire when hurt. His instinct is to fight and its his downful
                Last edited by Uturn; 07-15-2012, 08:28 AM.

Comment

No his chin is the problem. The guys just not that durable.

It's a shame too, cause he's ALL man. Kid has a ton of heart. But he was completely outclassing Garcia and he got caught in an exchange....it happens but Khan's just too brittle.

Comment

his chin is decent, but his defence is horrible and his attack is bad. he have a creasy speed and dont have skills

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                      No his chin is the problem. The guys just not that durable.

It's a shame too, cause he's ALL man. Kid has a ton of heart. But he was completely outclassing Garcia and he got caught in an exchange....it happens but Khan's just too brittle.
                      The majority of the fight dealt with them exchanging shots, as Garcia was playing the role of counter-puncher and waiting on Khan. I thought this would be his undoing, but Garcia was also leading at times, throwing head-body combos. He was landing cleanly on Khan too, just not as often as Khan was on him. Khan wasn't out-classing him, he fought the way we're used to seeing him fight, made absolutely no adjustments to Garcia's style and got clipped by a counter. He needed that jab so badly tonight.

Khan's chin isn't the problem. Khan doesn't have a solid defense, he's THERE to be hit, but he thinks his speed will win him every exchange. He makes questionable decisions, and he doesn't have the defense nor the chin to cushion his stupidity.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 07-15-2012, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X