Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After watching Mayweather-Ortiz, where do you think Floyd's skill level is currently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    I have said that everything Floyd has done after the Hatton fight, he's past his prime-but still really good. I still feel the same way. I think Manny is past his prime-but still really good. Kinda how Leonard and Hagler were in 87' when they fought. There's no question that they, along with Mike Tyson, were the best fighters in the world. But, I don't think Ray or Marvin were in their absolute primes at that point, but still really good. I think the same can be said for Floyd vs. Manny if they finally fight in May 2012, lets just hope Floyds legal issues and Manny's cut don't prevent Bob from actually attempting to make the fight.
    I made those pics before Mosley fought Pac... but anyway..

I'd say when Floyd gets around 37 or so you will see a major jump in athleticism, but realistically nobody can say for sure, everyone is different.

Floyd looked similar against Ortiz than he did against Shane, but it's hard to tell because the Ortiz fight didn't go on for too long.

I think you hit the nail on the head, if Floyd-Manny fight eachother in 2012... I think they will both be slightly past their prime, but that's ok..

Comment

I think people tend to forget that FLoyd is 34 years old! He's about to be 35. dude is pushing his Mid-Thirties. And I really think Floyd wants the pacquiao fight, because he knows he prolly only has maybe 2 really legit good years left in him.

Smaller guys like Floyd don't last as long as the bigger guys like Bernard Hopkins and Vitali Klitshcko. But seeing as Floyd hasn't been into too many wars will help him out in the long run if he decides to continue his career, which I doubt.

I'd say Floyd maybe still at his peak, if not then he's already on the decline.

Comment

He still looks pretty sharp at this point.

I think if he keeps fighting after 2012 he will start to slip.

I feel 2012 should be his last year active.

Comment

I actually think He is better today than years ago. He hands and timing are better today.

Comment

one thing i notice

his opponents are getting easier

from
            a lightweight
            a grandpa
            then a bum

Comment

Originally posted by UmissUpay View Post
              his been a cherry picker as always to make himself look impressive

nothing new
              So he cherry picked G. Hernandez (hadn't lost in 3 years, only 1 los to a prime Oscar), Manfredy (coming off win over a prime Gatti), Corrales (unbeaten top ten P4P), C. Hernandez (hadn't lost in 4 years, would go on to be a world title holder and fight Morales), Chavez (hadn't lost in 4 years, would go on to be a world title and fight Morales as well), Castillo (coming off win over a prime Johnston, hadn't lost in over 3-4 years), N'dou (hadn't lost in like 7 years), Hatton (unbeaten, top ten P4P, had fought at 147 before), Marquez (showed he could beat Pac at 144, only losses recently had been controversial ones to John and Pac), Mosley (coming off KO wins over Mayorga and Margarito, a fighter people said Floyd was ducking), and Ortiz (coming off 5 straight wins, one over previously unbeaten Berto, and a draw he should have won against Peterson, which looks great since Peterson upset Khan)???

Manfredy, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, N'dou, Judah, Hatton, and Ortiz were all in their primes when Floyd fought them, and only Judah was coming off a loss or bad performance.

G. Hernandez and J.M. Marquez were past their primes-still good when Floyd fought them. Hernandez was seen as the top 130 lb fighter in the world, hadn't lost in 3 years since lsoing his only fight to De La Hoya at Lightweight. Marquez was fighting at 144, which is why people said it didn't count as a good win, but now people have changed that opinion, because Marquez arguably just beat Pacquiao at the same weight. The only fights Marquez had lost in recent memory were to John in Indonesia, where almost EVERYONE had Marquez winning, and against Pacquiao, where again....almost everyone had Marquez winning.

Gatti, Baldomir, De La Hoya, and Mosley were past their primes, but they were all coming off wins when Floyd fought them. Gatti hadn't lost in 3 years, 5 straight wins. Baldomir hadn't lost in 8 years, was coming off a huge win over a prime Zab Judah. De La Hoya hd lostot Hopkins in 04', came back after 2 years and KO'd Mayorga, was seen as the top 154 lb fighter in the world. Mosley hadn't lost in 3 years, was coming off KO wins over Mayorga and Margarito, the last time we saw a somewhat prime Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by UmissUpay View Post
                one thing i notice

his opponents are getting easier

from
                a lightweight
                a grandpa
                then a bum
                A LW that arguably beat Manny Pacquiao at the same weight, and you are the kind of guy that would have Floyd is ducking Marquez if he refused to fight him, real talk and you know it.

A grandpa that was coming off KO wins over Mayorga and Margarito, the last time we saw a somewhat prime Margarito.

A bum that was coming off 5 straight wins and a draw he should have won over Lamont Peterson, who just beat Amir Khan. And one of those 5 wins was against previously unbeaten WBC WW champ Andre Berto.

You also know what the funny thing is.....people say Manny fought Cotto and Margarito, who Floyd didn't, Haha......Manny refused to fight Shane in 2009 and 2010 after he just KO'd Mayorga and Margarito, and instead fought Clottey, who hadn't won a boxing match in 2 years. Manny refused to fight Ortiz, who said he wanted Pacquiao next, and instead fought a 38 year old Marquez, who Floyd dominated over 2 years ago at the same weight......

Comment

A LW that arguably beat Manny Pacquiao at the same weight, and you are the kind of guy that would have Floyd is ducking Marquez if he refused to fight him, real talk and you know it.

A grandpa that was coming off KO wins over Mayorga and Margarito, the last time we saw a somewhat prime Margarito.

A bum that was coming off 5 straight wins and a draw he should have won over Lamont Peterson, who just beat Amir Khan. And one of those 5 wins was against previously unbeaten WBC WW champ Andre Berto.

You also know what the funny thing is.....people say Manny fought Cotto and Margarito, who Floyd didn't, Haha......Manny refused to fight Shane in 2009 and 2010 after he just KO'd Mayorga and Margarito, and instead fought Clottey, who hadn't won a boxing match in 2 years. Manny refused to fight Ortiz, who said he wanted Pacquiao next, and instead fought a 38 year old Marquez, who Floyd dominated over 2 years ago at the same weight......
                  ignore that troll.

Comment

Just turned you green.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      I forgot I made these... on being over the hill or not

Tremendous post Bro!

Comment

Working...
                      X