No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Szpilka Ready For Mollo, Wants Wilder and Magomed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Szpilka Ready For Mollo, Wants Wilder and Magomed

Heavyweight prospect Artur Szpilka (12-0, 9 KOs) of Poland is ready for his ESPN televised fight against veteran Mike Mollo (20-3-1, 12 KOs). The match is happening on Friday at the UIC Pavillion in Chicago. Szpilka, who may face Polish rival Krzysztof Zimnoch on February 23rd in Poland, wants to face two of the top up and coming heavyweights in the sport. In 2013, Szpilka would like to secure fights with Deontay Wilder (27-0, 27KOs) or Eastern Euro product Magomed Abdusalamov (16-0, 16KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Szpilka has some skills, but he seems very prone to injury. Looking forward to seeing his debut on ESPN.

Comment

I will be there with some friends.

Ought to be a nice fight.

Don't think too much of Mollo, but he did beat that big Irishman Kevin McBride in 2.
      I know that's not saying much.

Comment

Weight in is live now, Szpilka weight 213,5, no sight of Mike Mollo yet, dont know if he made it, he skipped press conference and open workout, dont know if the fight is on or what.

Comment

Unless your hanging around Skid Row drinking Night Train you won't get a Wilder bout

Comment

Originally posted by molinari View Post
            Weight in is live now, Szpilka weight 213,5, no sight of Mike Mollo yet, dont know if he made it, he skipped press conference and open workout, dont know if the fight is on or what.

Really? I have a difficult time believing that. He's been a solid 235 ever since getting out of prison.

Comment

"Best" and "Wilder" shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

Comment

mollo is a good test

mollo is a good test but it's not a gimme. i give szpilka credit for wanting to fight all these prospects but one fight at a time. he is to fight on the golota undercard against another pole but sounds like that fight might not happen because of his opponents promotional situation. i like his attitude...

Comment

Working...
                X