Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No football for so long makes me depressed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The season ended on such a sour note for me that it's not as bad. The Cowboys played like **** down the stretch, and my second team I was pulling for since the start came up short to the team I hate. Not to mention my Sooners went down again.

Boxing will make up for it, and I watch basketball throughout the week anyway. I think I'm glad to take a break from football this time out.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
      Yea but your a Chiefs fan, so you haven't seen any real football in a long time anyway....

That was a good one. I guess even though the Cowgirls have liked to choke for the past 12 or so years at least they are enertaining in a dysfunctional type of way.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post

That was a good one. I guess even though the Cowgirls have liked to choke for the past 12 or so years at least they are enertaining in a dysfunctional type of way.
        Watch how you talk about my Cowboys, they may be discfunctional but they are still America's Team

Comment

When you think about it they are america's team. They have talented guys that do dumb **** and don't live up to potential. Guys that only care about themselves and an owner who likes publicity even if it's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
            When you think about it they are america's team. They have talented guys that do dumb **** and don't live up to potential. Guys that only care about themselves and an owner who likes publicity even if it's bad.
            Two things win in football, #1) Talent, which Dallas has #2) Coaching, which Dallas doesn't have.

I hate to say it but as long as Wade Phillips is the headcoach of the Cowboys, that team won't fulfill it's potential.

I wish Jerry Jones would go out and get someone like Shanahan or Cowher.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
              Two things win in football, #1) Talent, which Dallas has #2) Coaching, which Dallas doesn't have.

I hate to say it but as long as Wade Phillips is the headcoach of the Cowboys, that team won't fulfill it's potential.

I wish Jerry Jones would go out and get someone like Shanahan or Cowher.
              For me it's starts at the top. For consistency anyways. Look at the Steelers and Patriots both have owners that are willing to win, make good hirings at top positions and for the most part aren't hands on with the football operations they let other people do that. Jerry wants to win, he hasn't made good coaching hirings mostly guys he knows he can tell what to do and then with players he's just looked at talent and not character.

For sure every team needs talent to win, but talent with bad attitudes usually doesn't work out. They don't have to be perfect or get along with everybody, but know there role on the field and all be in it for one common purpose. The Cowgirls don't have that. Getting rid of certain players on their team IMO would make them better even if they did lose some talent.

I agree about Wade though he's a good defensive coordinator, but not a great head coach. Im thinking Shanahan will take the job next year, which I don't want to happen because I hate the Cowgirls and I really like Mike so it will be hard for me to root against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
                Write to Vince McMahon and ask him to bring back the XFL.
                lol what a failure that was

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
                  So long til next season. Time to ramp up conferance pay in the NCAA on the way to march madness, a GREAT month. Baseball opens up and leads to the NBA Playoffs, which PWN.

Mizzou has an 18-4 record(5-2 conferance), looks like we will be making the tournament.

No NFL= Temporary Depression.

I bet Incu understands.
                  Another reason why Boxing is my favorite sport....It lasts year round. But I feel your pain, I love football too. I love fantasy baseball so I'm really looking forward to baseball season too.

Comment

Baseball begins in under 2 months(1 month if you are geeked for the WBC). College bball conf tourny and March Madness in less than a month too. Losing the NFL season doesnt mean much since I am a College guy. MLB>NFL, plus the weather will start to get nicer. March is actually when I think sports get better. Boxing gets in full swing, Baseball is near, better weather, the Master, and the tourny.

Comment

Thank **** soccer is played most of the year, i'd depressed if it only lasted for 5 months.

Comment

Working...
                      X