No announcement yet.

Where to for Zappa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to for Zappa?

So two losses in a row for Lenny Z. The first a case of being outskilled by the more experienced fighter, the second a tremendous slugfest and a sudden, shocking capitulation. Later we find out he was seriously drained making weight.

I wonder if the proximity of their fights was the set-up for a Katsidis-Zappa clash? How much more exciting it would have been to see these two blood and guts fighters go at it in a blockbuster local brawl than see one (Zappa) KO'd, and Katsidis going up against a Mexican nobody in a (wisely) non-televised mismatch.

Thoughts?

Kats-Zappa would never have even been borderline competitive. Katsidis would have killed him.

Zappa is an example of why you don't bring along prospects too quickly.

Comment

onwards and upwards

Comment

Katsidis' team say they aren't giving Lenny any consideration. Looking to lure a big name down under. Rematch with Casamayor sounds like the favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by The Muss View Post
          Katsidis' team say they aren't giving Lenny any consideration. Looking to lure a big name down under. Rematch with Casamayor sounds like the favourite.
          Obviously prefer Morales but I'd deal with Casa. Zappa shouldn't be an option. Those two are in different galaxies, I said it all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
            Kats-Zappa would never have even been borderline competitive. Katsidis would have killed him.

Zappa is an example of why you don't bring along prospects too quickly.
            Too true,........ this is what is so wrong with the sport today.

Comment

Never heard about him being weight drained.So im guessing hes gone to 140?Still interested in Lenny since he u2ed JI hoon Kim in a round.Was shocked when i saw Diaz beat him

Comment

Working...
              X