Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the END of the road for Chris Arreola??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the END of the road for Chris Arreola??

Do you see him doing anything to get to a championship level fighter after getting dropped and dominated as he was??

Yes, unless he finds a new trainer. Now I'm the last person in the world to suggest that a fighter find a new trainer. Simply because I'm not there and don't know how good a particular trainer is, but because of his friendship with his trainer.

He said he was going to work hard, that he would come in at a respectable weight, he didn't. 248lbs and 333 punches in a 12 round fight is not acceptable. He will never win not being ready like that.

He needs a trainer that is going to push him to the limit and let him know if he doesn't come in at 230-235, then you are not fighting.

Arreola I think is done, he can't take this sport seriously.

Comment

Yes he was horrific

Comment

No Chris is not done....He has been a gatekeeper for a while now and he fought hard. Steverne got by him. There is no guarantee that Fury, Price or any number of others are better than Chris. Chris has some skills and is always dangerous.

If one thinks about it....Is Chris really ever going to come in at a decent weight? NO. Will he ever fight for the championship again? I doubt it. But he is a great opponent to expose the guys coming up who have a weakness. I would personally take Chris over Fury, maybbe price, and even Hellanus.

Comment

What a waste after what appeared to be a rededicated Arreola in 2012. Such a shame because he actually has a boxing background unlike some of these newer guys with big frames but start late. If he was truly dedicated he might make some noise, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. Unfortunate really.

Comment

If Seth gets Banks, bring on Arreola.

Comment

I think Orreola may have a future with the Nabisco Industry. He def. wont be a boxing champ.

Comment

I could see him coming back. He got caught by a great punch which caused the knock down. It was just Stiverne night that night and the better man won the fight props to Stiverne on his great win.

Chris is still my favorite HW fighter he has made all his HW fights exciting like fights agains't Vitaly,Adamik and now this fight with Stiverne. I would like to see Arreola vs Haye for the fun of it next.

Comment

Arreola has some good attributes. When he got dropped with that shot that broke his nose, he showed a lot of heart. He also seemed to have matured some mentally based on his post-fight interview. His conditioning is his Achilles' Heel though.

Comment

He did it to himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X