No announcement yet.

Double Standards!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Standards!!

I watched the Lara-Vanes fight last night and I have to say WHAT THE ****!
    I struggled to give Vanes a round, Lara was landing more and IMO was on the way to stopping him, he started landing the counter left after everything Vanes threw in about the 6.

Basically I'm asking the Fanboy IF you think BUTE won last week how can you even argue that didn't Lara win this EASY? Because he looked 10x the fighter Bute is that for sure

And on a side note I have lost all respect for David Haye, Unlike haters I understand the Importance of all toes in a fight, but to go on a reality tv show when your the biggest name in HW boxing is disgraceful.

Originally posted by adamdoyle View Post
    I watched the Lara-Vanes fight last night and I have to say WHAT THE ****!
    I struggled to give Vanes a round, Lara was landing more and IMO was on the way to stopping him, he started landing the counter left after everything Vanes threw in about the 6.

Basically I'm asking the Fanboy IF you think BUTE won last week how can you even argue that didn't Lara win this EASY? Because he looked 10x the fighter Bute is that for sure

And on a side note I have lost all respect for David Haye, Unlike haters I understand the Importance of all toes in a fight, but to go on a reality tv show when your the biggest name in HW boxing is disgraceful.
    Sounds like you are the fan boy

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
      Sounds like you are the fan boy
      Really? care to elaborate?

Comment

The fight was closer than it needed to be due to Lara's skill set. He took far too much time to set up his shots and gave far too much respect to Vanes' punching power. I was very disappointed in his showing last night. Lara came in flat just as I hoped he wouldn't.

Comment

actually I just watched the fight and to be honest, I struggled to give Lara more than 2 rounds. Vanes was too active and Lara was just waiting to counter him without getting his own shots off. I felt Vanes won this fight on the cards

Comment

Lara was on his way to do Vanes like Martinez did Macklin. He adjusted and found the way to land that straight left which was landing more and more wobbling Vanes just about every time.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Lara was on his way to do Vanes like Martinez did Macklin. He adjusted and found the way to land that straight left which was landing more and more wobbling Vanes just about every time.
              I'm glad some else can actually see whats going on in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by adamdoyle View Post
                I'm glad some else can actually see whats going on in the ring
                Roy and Kellerman were claiming Lara was breathing hard but the truth is by the time the 9th round came around he was the fresher and stronger guy.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Roy and Kellerman were claiming Lara was breathing hard but the truth is by the time the 9th round came around he was the fresher and stronger guy.
                  and he was landing double straight lefts, that fight was in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    and he was landing double straight lefts, that fight was in the bag.
                    No doubt. It's hard not to be disappointed in a fighter when you're used to seeing him do good (besides the Molina fight). But the truth is, Lara was winning that fight and was on his way to winning.

At the beginning of the fight Lara got hit and started showing too much respect but as the fight went on he felt more comfortable with Vanes power.

Comment

Working...
                    X