Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone been watching "Lights Out" on FX?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone been watching "Lights Out" on FX?

I've watched every episode thus far and I'm impressed. The show seems to be nailing it on every level.

I'm hoping that the ratings reflect the quality of the show so it stays on the air.

Once I saw the awful ratings for the pilot, I decided not to after that, because I'm not getting sucked into another great show that has no viewers and gets canceled so soon after Terriers.

Justified starts in a week, that fills my TV needs.

Comment

Not watching for the same reason Bojangles isn't. If the season is praised, I'll have to watch it eventually either way though.

Comment

i knew they'd eventually **** on mma..lol....they made fun of the fights..then matched lights wit a ex mma fighter and lights layed his ass out....

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Once I saw the awful ratings for the pilot, I decided not to after that, because I'm not getting sucked into another great show that has no viewers and gets canceled so soon after Terriers.

Justified starts in a week, that fills my TV needs.
          Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Not watching for the same reason Bojangles isn't. If the season is praised, I'll have to watch it eventually either way though.
          If people don't watch, it won't stay on the air. Watch

It is getting rave reviews by many.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rev...view-fxs-69748

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/11/ar.../11lights.html

Comment

um....to the posters saying you're not gonna watch cause you think it wont get ratings and will be cancled......you're not helping the ratings by not watching...

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
              um....to the posters saying you're not gonna watch cause you think it wont get ratings and will be cancled......you're not helping the ratings by not watching...
              Do you like it Larry? I've been pleasantly surprised. I did not have high hopes initially.

The scene in the bar made me laugh last night. Not only did it remind me of life as a modern day boxing fan;

"He says he'll put it on one TV with no volume"

But it reminded me of conversations between boxing fans regarding MMA;

"What are these guys doing? Trying to hug eachother?"

Comment

What I like most about this series is that it is set in modern day, yet they don't glamorize the sport as if it is still America's passion. It is very honest to what boxing is and has become in many regards.

Comment

I like the show and think the lead actor is doing an excellent job playing an ex heavyweight champion.

Comment

I love the show!

Comment

Working...
                    X