Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been watching some of Mathebula's fights. He's pretty good.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been watching some of Mathebula's fights. He's pretty good.

I thought he beat Celestino Caballero 116-112. He's a very tough guy who's fought some very solid guys at 122.

While I still see Donaire winning. I respect him for taking this fight. Jeff is a very solid title holder at 122.

Thumbs up! hopefully Nishioka vs Donaire is next.

Comment

You saw the Caballero fight? The only one I could find was his last fight for the IBF belt

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        You saw the Caballero fight? The only one I could find was his last fight for the IBF belt
        I actually watched that one live when it happened via stream. Completely forgot about it until I saw Jeff's last fight on online today. Jeff even knocked Cab down in the 8th or 9th but the Ref ruled it a slip. Math struggled early but dominated the second half. Cab barely finished.

Comment

this guy?

he looks horrible

(fight begins at 6:09)

JEFF IS IN THE GREEN

Last edited by americanbot; 07-05-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
            this guy?

he looks horrible

Not sure what your watching then. He's tall, long with a high work rate and solid chin.

He's also fighting another solid guy. So he's not having a easy time. He would give just about anyone at 122 a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Not sure what your watching then. He's tall, long with a high work rate and solid chin.

He's also fighting another solid guy. So he's not having a easy time. He would give just about anyone at 122 a hard time.
              he has bad balance, leaves himself wide open & walks straight into shots. he's also been ko'd before & his chin is decent at best.........

his style is perfect for donaire.........(a guy that walks into shots with his hands down)

this is not a solid fight at all.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                he has bad balance, leaves himself wide open & walks straight into shots. he's also been ko'd before & his chin is decent at best.........

his style is perfect for donaire.........(a guy that walks into shots with his hands down)

this is not a solid fight at all.
                I agree. The only way he gives Donaire problems is if he uses his height and reach and fights tall but he doesn't seem to do that in the few times I've seen him.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  I agree. The only way he gives Donaire problems is if he uses his height and reach and fights tall but he doesn't seem to do that in the few times I've seen him.

even people in the comments realize that this is a mismatch to the extreme.

i don't see how anyone can call this a solid fight but to each his own.........

"Mathebula's gonna get destroyed by Donaire ! OMG, this guy is so wide open for left hooks and counters. This Donaire vs Mathebula fight is a ****ing joke ! LOL Donaire will look spectacular against Mathebula, it's a mismatch of speed and power."

Comment

lol don't try to HYPE UP Mathebula, he is a DECENT FIGHTER but nothing special, he is a very beatable fighter for Donaire

Comment

Working...
                    X