Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Chavez past prime by the time of the whitaker fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chavez weighed 142 so i dont think the weight affected him...

still think sweet pea is better and would win at any time but it would be closer i think

but 2 pounds is nothing and he probably weighed 142 during allot if his jww fights after eating some food after a morning weigh in....

but u have some good points...

i wont argue with u...

and why is it that everyone always disagrees with trojan?

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post

still think sweet pea is better and would win at any time but it would be closer i think

but 2 pounds is nothing and he probably weighed 142 during allot if his jww fights after eating some food after a morning weigh in....

but u have some good points...

i wont argue with u...

and why is it that everyone always disagrees with trojan?
      Because he's an idiot who nuthugs certain fighters and who claims no one knew how to fight prior to 1990 and there weren't any real athletes before 1990 either ect. ect. ect.

Bottom line is most of the regs in this section have made Condomboi their personal b1tch

Poet

Comment

that explains the red k

Comment

that explains the red k
          JAB has pwned Condomboi so many times it's almost a cliche

Poet
          Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 08-20-2011, 11:34 PM.

Comment

More of a case of JCC being above his best weight than past his prime. Whitaker clearly made the adjustment to welterweight much better.

Comment

Yeah and Whitaker weighed 145 and went on to be a successful welterweight champion and even won at 154. Chavez was still fighting at 140 8 years later. Its obvious Whitaker had a size advantage. Frankie Randall who actually beat Chavez at 140 a couple months after Whitaker fight is far more impressive then getting a draw with a guy who clearly had nu buisness fighting welterweights.

Comment

that explains the red k
                I see you're getting a full-fledged demonstration of his Chavez nuthugging in that other thread :chuckle9: You're also seeing his abject hatred for Whitaker because he pwned Condomboi's idol :hahahaha9:

Poet

Comment

Chavez didn't really have an amateur career so he was't past his prime .. he was probably at his peak,just not his natural weight and he looks really good,Whitaker was just a different class of boxer and could withstand great body punches.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    If he seemed slower it was because he was fighting at Welterweight and his natural weight-class was Lightweight. That's a wash though as Whitaker's natural weight was Lightweight as well.....and Whitaker lost speed as he put on weight too.

Poet
                    Thank god someone said it, Chavez fans seem to brush over this fact

Both were a little outside their best IMO but, Chavez had been in a lot more fights so I think he was slightly worse for wear but, by no means shot.

Anyone who says Whitaker didn't deserve the decision should be banned from the forums.

Comment

Working...
                    X