No announcement yet.

Are you serious Kid Yamamoto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you serious Kid Yamamoto?

You lost to Darren Uyenoyama??? Like werent u a damn wrestler in high school? How the fuk do you not know how to defend the takedown??

I wasnt on the bandwagon before but I am know, Japan MMA is very inferior to the rest of the world. I remember people telling me how much of a legend KID is and how he would dominate the WEC and while I was most def impressed with his stand up and power, especially being almost always the smaller guy, I had to point out and say "LOOK WHO HES KNOCKING OUT!" Royler Gracie?? A Genki Sudo who was at the tail end of his career?? Caol Uno?? Like come on lol, ill give him credit for his wins against Curran, Yahya and Fernandes but then again for a guy who was supposed to walk in and crush Faber when Faber was still FW king, ur best wins are seriously Jeff Curren, Bibiano Fernandes and Rani Yahya?

If memory serves me correct he lost to Joe Warren after he fought Yahya, and even tho he had a like three year layoff Joe was like 1-0 when he fought a like 15-2 Kid smh!

Watching his destructive stand up I really hoped he could handle american wreslers and actually felt he could make a name for himself in the US, then he loses to a bum like kanehari lol. Mighty Mouse is a future p4p champ so i can understand him losing there but then last nights fight just did it.

I bring this up because I have friends that SWING off of Kids nuts sticking to those k1 heros days and I understand supporting your fighter but my boys SERIOUSLY believed that Kid wasnt himself in the Mighy Mouse fight and that he was seriously gonna be the guy to beat Dominick Cruz, then we all sat in front off facebook and saw him get dominated AGAIN for three round by a bum who couldnt even beat Tokoro in Dream.

I'm still a KID fan but im also a realist as well and cant stand when people overhype. Same thing recently with Dennis Siver and even now with Junior Dos Santos!!

Back when Lesnar was champ and Carwin, JDS, and Cain were coming up its was only Me, Big Bricks, and like three other people that said Cigano was gonna be the champ and be better then those other three. As usual (sory for the arrogance i really dont mean to be so cocky lol) I was right and Cigano just clinched the belt AND NOW I GO ON SOME SITES AND PEOPLE ARE ASKING IF JDS IS THE BEST HW OF ALL TIME!!!! DOG HE JUST WON THE BELT!!! Did we not forget how Fedor ran **** for like 10 years in Japan and unlike most JMMA legends he didnt just beat Japanese cans with useless judo backgrounds and no stand up, he dominated Strikers, wreslters,and Jui Juitsu guys.

I'm not saying JDS doesnt have the tools to be the best ever but damn can he defend the belt first??

I apologize for the long as$ rant Boxingscene, but I really had to get that off my chest

So many mma fans are raging Japanophiles that they immediately overhype anyone coming out of Japan.

It's the way they train down there that is so unbelievably outdated that makes the Japanese fighters struggle.

Like Takanori Gomi.... prime example when the overhyping of japanese fighters go to far.
    The guy gets completely outclassed by Kenny Florian and mentally quits.
    Then he fights Clay Guida where he also gets dominated.
    Then Tyson griffin takes a fight against Gomi on 2 days notice and Gomi Ko's him with one punch and everybody almost hypes him up as the next champ.
    Then he gets PWned by Nate Diaz and quits.
    Some guys on this forum actually believe Gomi would easily KO Melvin Guillard after his fluke loss.. cough....Kaps...Cough.

Thats how deep the Japanophilia runs in people

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
      So many mma fans are raging Japanophiles that they immediately overhype anyone coming out of Japan.

It's the way they train down there that is so unbelievably outdated that makes the Japanese fighters struggle.

Like Takanori Gomi.... prime example when the overhyping of japanese fighters go to far.
      Then Tyson griffin takes a fight against Gomi on 2 days notice and Gomi Ko's him with one punch and everybody almost hypes him up as the next champ.
      Some guys on this forum actually believe Gomi would easily KO Melvin Guillard after his fluke loss.. cough....Kaps...Cough.

If your going to use Gomi as an example for overrated japanese fighters. Then you don't know shit about MMA.

Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        If your going to use Gomi as an example for overrated japanese fighters. Then you don't know shit about MMA.

Simple as that.
        So you honestly believe he wasn't overhyped by fans coming into the UFC?
        He was clearly passed it and people still hyped him up.
        Know nothing about mma? you are the one who said that Melvin and Gomi was identical as fighters and that Gomi would easily beat Melvin loooooooooooooooool

Comment

So you honestly believe he wasn't overhyped by fans coming into the UFC?
          He was clearly passed it and people still hyped him up.
          Know nothing about mma? you are the one who said that Melvin and Gomi was identical as fighters and that Gomi would easily beat Melvin loooooooooooooooool

1. Are they not both heavy handed wingers who can't defend submissions for their life and both loss horribly to Nate? While one guy loss to fighters Melvin couldn't and wouldn't even beat. Where as the latter(melvin) loses just out-right horribly to a guy who named himself, J-lo.

2. Being clearly passed it does not mean overrated. It means he is done.

People hyped him when he was coming to the UFC. Yes. Figured he'd get a spring of life. He loss to KenFlo; top 3 LW. Knocked out well-known and decent journeyman in Tyson Griffin whom never been stopped before. Then loses to a top 5 LW in Guida. Then loses to a Top 3 LW again in Nate Diaz. Hmmmmm. See the pattern in comp? Not exactly bums he's losing to.

I don't even mean to offend but if your going to use Gomi as an example for overrated japanese product when he is obviously past prime. Then yes, you don't know shit.

You, yourself even said he is passed it, yet you want to call him overrated. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Kid spent his best years in Japan and now he's also squandered his talents.

Comment

Just listen to Chael Sonnen on japan at 6.15.. he knows what's up

Comment

What exactly does Guillard do better than Gomi? Besides get hurt easier?

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                  Kid spent his best years in Japan and now he's also squandered his talents.
                  I agree. Thing is, before he even came to UFC. He was losing. He had a string of losses after the elbow injury and then came to the UFC to only lose some more.

Originally posted by SLIMY RAT View Post
                  Just listen to Chael Sonnen on japan at 6.15.. he knows what's up
                  Nah. Gomi was knocking guys unconscious and finishing fights. Gomi didn't get gifts by a ref with an earpiece. When he loss, he loss. Otherwise Sergey and Hansen wouldn't be losses on his record.

Comment

But bro i just don't understand why pretty much most of these fighters fail the minute they stepped out of Japan, can you explain it to me?

Comment

Working...
                    X