No announcement yet.

The Jab, Left Hook combination?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jab, Left Hook combination?

I've heard about this combination, but it confuses me and I want to make sure that when I'm using this combo, I'm throwing it right. Does it work like this?:

You move in and out with your Jab, so that your opponent gets used to parrying your Jab with their right hand. Once they keep parrying it, you move in, which makes them automatically parry out of habit, twist to your left, and throw the Left Hook when they move their hands to parry?

And one last thing, whenever I throw my Left Hooks, I always shift to the left, and then throw them? Is that correct, or should I not shift my weight over to the left, and just move in and twist the left hip to the right to throw the hook?

Thanks!

You wanna shift how you're throwing your jab so it goes correctly. Doing all that shifting is too much time for a fast combo like the jab, left hook. You have to disguise it so they fall for it.

Comment

its real subtle when you shift to throw the left hook after the jab. you shouldnt commit 100% to the jab as well because its kinda like a 112. you dont throw power jabs followed by your 2. quick snappy jabs to setup the power 2. Same thing here. after youve set him up with your jabs nicely then throw the jab as the setup range finder and then throw the left hook after you bring the jab back about half way. i would compare it to a check left hook. its a weird movement but youll get used to it.

Comment

I think you have to kind of paw with your jab then throw the hook. Mosley does this combo a lot

Comment

Mike Tyson too. I think he does a beauty at the start of round one vs Holyfield 2.

Comment

throw the jab with moderate strength, when u pull the jab halfway back immediatly turn over the hook over while pushing slightly with ur lead foot.....its a hard punch to generate alot of power with....but its the kind of punch that ur opponent will be suprised with....i know from sparring experiences where i would hit someone with the hook off the jab, they get this look on their face like what the heck was that...the jab blinds them n the hook touches them quickly off that same side,it suprises them.....

Comment

Working...
            X