Sparring in garden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring in garden

Hi guys

Might of already posted this once but can i have your thoughts on Sparring in the garden with your mates... Just for some extra boost and experience etc

cheers

Footwork is a little different because of the grass if you live in a rainy area or got wet grass.
    Use fitting shoework according to the area where you live.
    If you use headgear than I would prefer a more solid ground.
    In the case of a kd you fall harder but the headgear keeps you protected.
    Last edited by Zerwas1; 03-29-2011, 07:30 AM.

Comment

As the above poster said, it can get very slippery on a garden lawn, especially in winter. So, make sure you wear adequate footwear such as golf shoes or snow boots. And remember to protect yourself at all times...

Comment

Originally posted by iron-man View Post
        Hi guys

Might of already posted this once but can i have your thoughts on Sparring in the garden with your mates... Just for some extra boost and experience etc

cheers
        It's stupid. Boxing is dangerous and sparring outside of a boxing gym is irresponsible.

Comment

Originally posted by luke1979 View Post
          It's stupid. Boxing is dangerous and sparring outside of a boxing gym is irresponsible.
          what????? aint nun wrong with sparring with friends as long as you use the proper equipment..

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
            what????? aint nun wrong with sparring with friends as long as you use the proper equipment..
            Proper equipment? That is no substitute for a safe training environment with qualified staff who can temper the aggression if things start getting out of hand, administer first aid if someone gets injured and generally ensure that the sparring is conducted in a controlled manner.
            There is a lot more to boxing training and especially sparring than just using the right equipment.
            If you think there is nothing wrong with it then you and your friends are either very experienced boxers who don't need to do your training under supervision or you haven't got the first clue what your talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by iron-man View Post
              Hi guys

cheers
              You sound like your quite interested in sparring. Maybe you have never done any boxing training before. I would suggest the best way to go about it is go to your local gym and do a trail lesson. See what you think. Its not scary and you wont be expect to do any sparring with people who are going to beat you up. You will gain alot more from sparring in a real boxing gym with people at your experience level under supervision. You wont learn anything about boxing by messing around in the garden with your mates.

Comment

You can spar a 100 times with no need of a trainer, if you already are a boxer with experience, but also it could be the first time, you get ****ed up.
                But in that case the person gets to hospital and no boxing trainer does something else than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerwas1 View Post
                  You can spar a 100 times with no need of a trainer, if you already are a boxer with experience, but also it could be the first time, you get ****ed up.
                  But in that case the person gets to hospital and no boxing trainer does something else than that.
                  That Pacquaio bet in ur sig with me!? Or the other Surgeon?

Comment

Too long ago to know, almost forgot it as I don't have signatures activated.
                    It's also only 20k...as we both have enough points I guess it wasn't you.
                    Just that ****ing Judah fan never paid any bet.

Comment

Working...
                    X