No announcement yet.

"but hes only 23 years. hes still a young guy."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I don't have a problem with the problem's 2 division jump though. My thing is, why drag the Ghost into this?? Broner's freckled faced twin would do just fine. They're both protected, force fed, silver spooned & mirror images of each other. The Ghost has had a career of up's n downs but he wasn't given anything like those 2. I'm still standing behind my points.

No canelo fan should utter a word about Broner & the Ghost shouldn't be dragged into this period.
    I agree with where you goin with it BB my man. Me and Ross see things through the same lenses so to speak so it was acceptable to me for him to bring up the Ghost, because it's honestly really fair game, if you are an unbiased Boxing fan(as me, you, and Ross are). I think Canelo can be the star they want him to be. I think they have gone about it the wrong way, and this fight with Trout doesnt make up for it, but is setting him on track to go after greatness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      You see exactly what I see SP mah homie.

Quotes and link please.

Really Maniac? EVERYone????????

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=571326

Looks pretty even, with quite a few sitting on the fence about that fight if you ask me, and I went and got a 2 page thread just like you did, so that we can play fair.
      Berto was the betting fav with the bookies

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        in other words I give you and example you decide "nah it aint good enough" and dismiss it. Well it is good enough and I'm dismissing your post.

90% of people here thought Berto was going to destroy Guerrero
        No.

I meant what I meant.

I asked your fucking fluffer to back up his statement.

YOU somehow rush to his defense, and proof nada, zilch, zip.

So in the name of the Virgin Mary.

COME AGAIN?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake... View Post
          Berto was the betting fav with the bookies
          Bookies and the BoxingScene forum public dont always see eye to eye, nor match percentage for percentage. The odds that the bookies give do not always reflect the opinions of the posters here. You know it, and I know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
            I agree with where you goin with it BB my man. Me and Ross see things through the same lenses so to speak so it was acceptable to me for him to bring up the Ghost, because it's honestly really fair game, if you are an unbiased Boxing fan(as me, you, and Ross are). I think Canelo can be the star they want him to be. I think they have gone about it the wrong way, and this fight with Trout doesnt make up for it, but is setting him on track to go after greatness.
            When Mike Tyson won the title he said "I want to fight fight fight and destruct the world, because I'm the best fighter in the world". That was a true champion. They should have never made Canelo a champion so soon if they were not willing to put him in there with the best. A lot of people like to blame Canelo directly for that, but when you are young and have these guys telling you to fight who they give you and are making you rich when you never had anything, its hard to say no. I'm sure there will be many more examples like this in the future if boxing remains the same.

Comment

• Chief2ndzOnly!, you came in here with an agenda and got wrecked, just give it up.

Lol at people trying to convince themselves that NSB was 50/50 on the Berto/Guerrero fight. Fuck no it wasn't, and anyone who posts here knows that Berto was a huge favorite. Tards trying to rewrite history. Funny how it only becomes "hyperbole" when it goes against their agenda.
              Last edited by thuggery; 03-13-2013, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Personally if I was a boxer I'd cram as much in before I got to 25, the oldsters ought to be afraid of you when you are that young and strong.

That's only because I am more aware of what you start losing even at age 19 (fitness), 25 (joints like knees), 30s (muscle, lung power) that I'd want to go in with all my assets. This and plus I wouldn't have made a weight class where bulking up (which takes years when achieved naturally) is a big advantage.

So I have no idea where this too young excuse harks from. All my former idols started young.

Ideally it would be cool to start early like Tyson and then build the character and skills to last till you are 50 like Bernard.

Comment

• Ross... unbias boxing fan? Bahaha

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                    The excuse might work, if had not already won a title. We seen this same story with Berto. "He's still developing". Sorry, but if you're good enough to win titles, you're good enough to make the best matchups.
                    thats what i always say.

at 23 its certainly a good idea to take some easier fights and focus on improving before you step up, but if you want to fight for titles and call yourself a champion you wave that right. you cant hold a title hostage while you are taking easy fights to improve, its simply not acceptable.

once broner went for a belt he officially stopped being a prospect and gave up the luxuries that comes with it.

all that said he still has every right to skip 140 if he wants to, a fighter can fight in any division he wants to. if he doesnt want 140lbs to be part of his career it doesnt have to be, he can choose to fight in whatever division he likes as long as hes taking on the best in that division.

a tune up or two is acceptable when youre moving up, but after that he has to fight the best at whatever weight he choose to box at. regardless he isnt ducking anyone by skipping a weightclass, thats well within his right and fighters skip divisions all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      Chief2ndzOnly!, you came in here with an agenda and got wrecked, just give it up.

Lol at people trying to convince themselves that NSB was 50/50 on the Berto/Guerrero fight. Fuck no it wasn't, and anyone who posts here knows that Berto was a huge favorite. Tards trying to rewrite history. Funny how it only becomes "hyperbole" when it goes against their agenda.
                      Chief got far from wrecked. Just because you are not capable of seeing the big picture, doesn't mean you can't try to use a little imagination every once and a while. lol

From what I remember at the time, Berto was slightly favored. You have to remember, he lost a lot of credibility after the Ortiz fight. If he wasn't slightly favored here, it sure felt like it. There was a lot of hate directed toward him at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X