No announcement yet.

Gamboa is good but not great....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa is good but not great....

he's got the the speed, skills, power, to be something special, but lacks something that would propel him to greater things.

Gamboa gotta learn from Martinez and Nonito... if he wants to be in the top p4p, he needs to look impressive against all challengers all the time.

I thought ponce was competitive in the fight especially early when gamboa wasn't doing much.

gamboa gotta put more punches together. At this point, I'm more impressed with Gary Russel Jr than Gamboa.

Man i got to agree with you. hes been the considered a future p4p top prospect for so long. but i just cant see the killer instinct against top opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      he's got the the speed, skills, power, to be something special, but lacks something that would propel him to greater things.

Gamboa gotta learn from Martinez and Nonito... if he wants to be in the top p4p, he needs to look impressive against all challengers all the time.

I thought ponce was competitive in the fight especially early when gamboa wasn't doing much.

gamboa gotta put more punches together. At this point, I'm more impressed with Gary Russel Jr than Gamboa.
      WTF? Gamoba is #1 at FW and has beat down world class opp. Russell Jr at the moment aint even finishing low level contenders.

What your moaning at Gamboa for about not finishing/impressing from, Russell Jr got the same problem.

And he was on his way to finishing De Leon I feel. No way can Russell be mentioned with Gamboa yet.

Comment

I don't even think it's a lock that he'd beat even Garcia. I'd favor him over Donaire based on the size advantage he would have.

Comment

i think russell has about 11 kos in 29 fights

Comment

If lopez was considered Top 10 P4P...then Gamboa is there....

Comment

I cant stand that cocky little dirty cuban.Put em against mikey garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                I don't even think it's a lock that he'd beat even Garcia. I'd favor him over Donaire based on the size advantage he would have.
                That's an interesting fight and I think Garcia might pull if off.

OP sounds real dumb saying Gamboa isn't impressing him because he lacks a certain "it" factor, yet a prospect with no power is impressing him more.

Comment

He has the personality of a piece of wood.

No personality to go with skills, no greatness. That's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    I cant stand that cocky little dirty cuban.Put em against mikey garcia.
                    Hahahahahaha... Nice joke, nice... Mikey and his band said "not yet". Mikey García... I know that joke, butthurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X