Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto Dodging Punches Reminds Me Of Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I wouldnt compare him to Pernell but he can dodge them good.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOMbip View Post
      I understand what he's saying about getting low and head movement side to side.

But come SweatPea was the master at that ****...Cotto does it but not on any level close to a Pernell Whitaker.
      All I am saying is that it reminds me of Pernell Whitaker not that he can dodge better.

Comment

LOL. Miguel's defensive skills are pretty decent but they aren't even in the same class as Pea's.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
          LOL. Miguel's defensive skills are pretty decent but they aren't even in the same class as Pea's.
          I am not talking about defensive skills just the art of dodging punches. Cotto reminds me a bit of Whitaker in that art.

Comment

lol your joking right? that was good one. his slipping is more arturo gatti then whitaker

Comment

Well i dont really see the Whitaker comparison especially since he cant do it nowhere near the rate that Sweet Pea did it. Cotto got hit at a good rate in the Margarito and Clottey fights. If Clottey wouldnt have been a dumb **** and kept pressuring Cotto, the numbers landed on Cotto would have looked pretty bad and probably won Clottey the fight like it did Margarito. Like someone said Cotto probably got hit with more hard shots in those 2 fights than Whitaker did his whole career!!!!

Comment

It's funny, Cotto does show flashes of it in those fights. By flashes I mean about 30 seconds out of each fight.

He should move his head a lot more. He's clearly capable of it. Instead he seems more comfortable tucking his chin and keeping his hands up.

Comment

not gonna read comments I just know u got roasted for saying this lol

Comment

Originally posted by youngswish23 View Post
                    lol your joking right? that was good one. his slipping is more arturo gatti then whitaker
                    Cotto does fight like Whitaker in comparison to Gatti.

Comment

yes i notice he does something similar

Comment

Working...
                      X