No announcement yet.

Arum: If not Cotto or Mayweather, then it's Pacquiao-Bradley, Marquez-Peterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac's people have got to send Pac the memo that his fans DO NOT want COTTO

I'm sure if Pac had a brain, he would not choose an opponent that even his die hard fanbase would not be excited for and possibly boycott

Its not enough just being Manny Pacquiao anymore, and with the recent bad peformances and lousy fights given by Pacquiao, he should know what the deal is.

only logical choice is Bradley, a sure firefight that would entertain the fans.

Pac, do the right thing here

Comment

Originally posted by pac2 View Post
      Um isn't floyd gonna make more money regardless or am i wrong.

lets say it's 50/50

Mayweather 50% vs Pac 50% -27.5 % Arum- 10% golden boy -10% Konz/ariza

Man it looks like Pacquiao aint gonna be left with nothing he has to pay arum about 30% 10 percent managers and golden boy he not gonna be left with nothing and Mayweather doesn't want to do business with a crook like Arum he still owes Mayweather millions. It really would be better for Pac to leave arum and make 40 mill he's not gonna make that with arum.

Ima show you a trick Arum and don king have been using for years to steal fighters money even though they have a guaranteed purse.

I dont understand why pac won't get his whole purse up front he doesn't deserrve this Arum's not the one in there putting his life on the line it's a shame man.

You know how Arum always says pac has a 20 million dollar guarantee but with nevada it might say his purse is 6 million well arum always gives Pac that before the fight the 6 million and he will get the rest if the fight reaches the numbers Arum wanta so it comes out of his purse 20-6 = 14 so now he owes Pac 14mill but the PPV numbers and gate and all the other revenue comes in sometimes 3months to a year and a half after the fight so how is he gonna keep up with the revenue. All of it is under Top Rank Arum is keeping all of the backend money and when Pac comes in mad like i need some money he gives Pac advances that he has to pay back with interest it's like he isn't even paying him he ends up oweing Arum money. Vision quest said Pac didn't get paid for the Clottey fight but wasn't his guarantee like 20 mill. 20-6mill now 14mill but the Clootey fight didn't do the PPV numbers so he did'nt get the other 14 mill he kept the 6mill arum gets 27 or 27.5% of that 6 million so lets say it's now around 4.5 million don't eel like doing the exact math but thats close enough. Then 10% to his manger 10% to Golden Boy 40% taxes he might be left with 1 million then he gets advances that he pay's back with interest Arum is doing him dirty thats what Arum and Don king do but when fighters realized they got jerked and you try to sue all they do his counter sue and it stays in court for years all the legal fees it's not worth it the fighters money isn't long enough to mess with these promoters it's probably been 10 years plus and floyd still hasn't got his money from Arum and with Arum being a former lawyer there's nothing you can do.

This is what Arum will do to pac for a Mayweather fight
      Guaranteed 50 mill but give him 10 mill up front before the fight now it's 40 million guarantee Arum get's 27 % taxes 40% GB 10% manger 10% Freddie Roach 10% Back end money Arum is gonna keep most of that and gives him some advances he has to pay back like he always does he might even try to dabble into Mayweathers back end money as well and if he really wanted to there is nothing Mayweather would really be able to do about it. With Arum Pac will walk away with 20-25 mill tops and that's if Arum decides not to screw him real bad. right now After taxes and all that he only makes a couple million a fight. He should leave Arum and take the 40 million he's not gonna make that with Arum. No matter which way you look at it he's not going to make more money than Mayweather because Mayweather doesn't have to deal with Arum. I don't blame Mayweather for not wanting Arum to try to steal his backend money i mean Aum is a crook and that's that. Pac better leave arum and take the 40 mill, Mayweather is gonna make that regardless he made that with Ortiz. To all fighters get all of your purse up front not some ima give you some of it but you get the rest if this happens, you open yourself up to getting jerked.
      Gosh, with your article you leave me in the dust. Everything you write is a waste of time and space. It's a collection of all the rumours and wild speculation over the past couple of years. Don't know how the hell you had the stamina to write it.

There was never any 10% to Golden Balls, it was published as being a "tiny" cut, of at most around 3%, a G(depending on the opponent) which I'm sure Arum got back(plus a lot more) in his "undisclosed' agreement with Oscar after Oscar asked him for forgiveness. Koncz most likely gets a yearly salary and Ariza probably a set fee.

The Golden Balls cut was agreed during mediation of a suit they filed against Top Rank for more transparency in non- Golden Balls fights. It saved them both a lot of unneccessary legal fees and was worth it to Arum anyway. Oscar actually didn't have a legal leg to stand on.

As for Arum owing Mayweather millions, yes Mayweather sometimes says so, but if that were true, he could have taken it to court and Am would have settled. To Arum this occasional slander is a mere fleabite and he takes noo notice.
      Last edited by edgarg; 01-26-2012, 11:10 PM. Reason: a clarifying addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonitard View Post

only logical choice is Bradley, a sure firefight that would entertain the fans.

Pac, do the right thing here

did you ever watch Bradley fight?

Comment

All he has to do is go to youtube and type in timothy bradley vs lamont peterson. If anyone can look at that fight and tell me that bradley has no boxing skill than they are an idiot.

Comment

If no Mayweather-Pacquiao, than I don't have an issue with Pacquiao-Bradley and Mayweather-Cotto at 154.

I want Peterson to rematch Khan though. Marquez could fight other people. I don't mind Marquez-Peterson, but I think Khan deserves the rematch.

It's damn funny that Manny has basically been forced to fight Bradley.

Comment

Bradley vs Pacquiao is a great fight

Comment

Working...
              X