No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale Admits Tactical Mistakes in Groves Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James DeGale Admits Tactical Mistakes in Groves Loss

James DeGale says he has been channeling the spirit of Marvin Hagler with trainer Jimmy McDonnell, as he rebuilds after his loss to George Groves.

[Click Here To Read More]

Its taken time but finally James is admitting where he went wrong. Must be hard for a guy like him to announce he didnt get it right.

The fight could have gone either way and I dont really think its tactics James got wrong. He just wasnt good enough at what he was trying to do. He needed to get close so he can take control on teh inside and do what he does best but couldnt pull the trigger, Im sure they were the tactics he went in there with, he juts couldnt execute them because Groves was out of there after landing his own shot. He had very fast feet ( second only to Dirrel at 168 IMO ) so James had to stalk all night.

They will rematch one day but James has to be more realistic about his abilities to cut off the ring and fight with more intensity.

Comment

Glad James has taken the lessons from the loss he'll go on to be a world champ still.

Comment

so it's taken like 3 months for him 2 admit he lost. prick.

Comment

If I recall correctly, even though I wanted Groves to win the fight, I think I had DeGale winning it by one or two rounds. Oh, well. Boxing is very subjective.

I still see DeGale becoming more successful than Groves in the long run. It is a bit ridiculous that his first fight after a loss is for a title though.

Comment

the day DeGale comes out fighting like haggler is the day i turn the same colour as James.

Silly statement.

He just needs to box at a higher rate, that's all.

Comment

Dust yourself off James n do it in style.

Champions get back up.

Comment

DeGale won that fight but he didnt box to his potential and allowed it to be close enough for the judges to job him.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  James DeGale says he has been channeling the spirit of Marvin Hagler with trainer Jimmy McDonnell, as he rebuilds after his loss to George Groves.

[Click Here To Read More]
                  If you ever watched the Hagler hearns fight you could see that Hagler revved it up in response to Hearns aggressively attacking him from the very first punch. THAT'S what turned it into a 2 (and a bit) rd slugout.

Comment

I had DeGale winning but there you go.

Good luck with the next fight James.

Comment

Working...
                    X