No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
    FUUUUUUCK. I just wrote out a bunch of reviews only for Mozilla to crash and delete the post. I hereby vow to never write more than a paragraph on here again.

The films were: Mother (IMDB), Exit Through The Gift Shop (IMDB), The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (IMDB), Dogtooth (IMDB), Black Dynamite (IMDB) and The Secret In Their Eyes (IMDB) - give 'em a watch.
    mother was a really good movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunce101 View Post
      get him to the greek

do'nt waste your time lads
      I found it pretty funny. Wasn't really expecting too much out of it, so it didn't disappoint.

Comment

• Blue Blood (2007)

Pretty decent documentary about a boxing club at Oxford University who have a centuries old rivalry with Cambridge. The students we follow trying to make it on the team are not looking to become pro boxers, they're philosophy, arts, astrophysics, etc. majors who want to join the Blues because of recognition and to challenge themselves. Some of the young cats are cocky, dorky, weird and their "skills" are far from great (some fight kinda funny actually), but it's cool to see them train and prepare for their big matches.

Things start off kinda slow, but once you get to know each dude it gets pretty good. There's some real smart music choices used for the final boxing matches and you can't help but root for the guys or at least feel all the nerves and all the highs and lows they go through.

Saw it on Sundance Channel, so if you got cable they'll probably show it again this month and worth a look if you're bored and shit.

Comment

• The Mothman Prophecies 2002

A good year for movies. Saw this one for the 4th time maybe and it still creeps me out a bit. Richard Gere plays a reporter that lost his wife and somehow gets stuck in the small town of Point Pleasant. It's a book adaptation, it's eerie and it's about mothmen.

If anyone saw something similar ( psychological thriller/mistery/horror with no gore and more suspense) lemme know please. Already watched White noise, The Machinist, Session 9, Let the right one in and Dragonfly. Probably a bunch of others I can't remember now also.

8.5/10
          Last edited by Freelancer; 11-23-2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Bloodsport. An absolute classic. If you haven't seen it I guess suggest you do!

Comment

• Black Death- Engaging, well directed medieval horror-slash-thriller with strong performances, a genuinely chilling atmosphere and an unusually thoughtful script. 7/10

Comment

• Them (2006)

French flick set in Romania about a couple being terrorized in their big-ass house located in some remote area. Supposedly based on a true story, there's some solid suspense, but overall, aside from finding out who the killers are, it's pretty much by-the-numbers horror stuff. (The main girl is pretty sexy in her own way.) 7/10

Comment

• Next Day Air (2009)

Some friends said this was good, but personally thought it was disappointing. A shitload of yayo ends up delivered to the wrong apartment and a whole bunch of stereotypical ghetto folks end up in a whole bunch of trouble. Not enough laughs, the look of the film was kind of shitty, but there's one really super hot Dominican chick in it at least. 4.5/10

Comment

• Whip It (2009)

Go 'head laugh, but I was curious about this movie. I never saw the trailer, but I should have guessed this was gonna be a total chick flick... and it was. It's too bad because an R-Rated movie about roller derby chicks set in the '70s would have been bad ass. Instead we get a contemporary sanitized flick that has way too many feel good moments and love stories (but hey it's a chick flick, so it is what it is).

Anyways, Drew Barrymore directed this and she did an OK job (there's some really cool shots here and there). Ellen Page did a good job of skating in the movie. The roller derby chicks are not hot, so I guess they kept it real on that level. All in all, it was OK but it felt like a lost opportunity... 6.5/10

Comment

• Pootie Tang (2001)

Sa da tay.

Comment

Working...
                      X