No announcement yet.

No Choice: Calzaghe Must Face Kessler Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Choice: Calzaghe Must Face Kessler Next

Assuming Calzaghe beats Manfredo, who else is there for him to fight?

-Taylor is fighting in May and he will have to face the winner of Pavlik-Miranda after that.

-Winky and Hopkins are fighting each other in July. If Calzaghe chooses to hold out for one of them, that fight may not happen until the end of the year leaving plenty of time for an interim fight. Besides, it's not guaranteed that the winner will choose to fight Joe.

-HBO will push for Calzaghe and Kessler to unify. The way they are hyping Kessler now and the way even American fans are pushing for the fight, there will be a lot of pressure for Calzaghe to take the fight.

-Fighting anyone else would be viewed as a flat out duck of Kessler. There just isn't any other credible fight out there and he's had nothing but easy fights since Lacy.

I'm really starting to think Calzaghe will be forced to fight Kessler this summer...

I would say thats quite a likely scenario.

Comment

I think it will happen

Comment

I think its the fight that needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
          Assuming Calzaghe beats Manfredo, who else is there for him to fight?

-Taylor is fighting in May and he will have to face the winner of Pavlik-Miranda after that.

-Winky and Hopkins are fighting each other in July. If Calzaghe chooses to hold out for one of them, that fight may not happen until the end of the year leaving plenty of time for an interim fight. Besides, it's not guaranteed that the winner will choose to fight Joe.

-HBO will push for Calzaghe and Kessler to unify. The way they are hyping Kessler now and the way even American fans are pushing for the fight, there will be a lot of pressure for Calzaghe to take the fight.

-Fighting anyone else would be viewed as a flat out duck of Kessler. There just isn't any other credible fight out there and he's had nothing but easy fights since Lacy.

I'm really starting to think Calzaghe will be forced to fight Kessler this summer...
          See we can agree on somethings after all...

Comment

Screw that.

All these years everyone's been bitching at him for fighting Obsecure Europeans and now it shouldn't be any different?

hahahaha here comes sin with the "Kessler has beat 5 top ranked SMW in a row" bull****. All of them euro trash along his lines.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
              Screw that.

All these years everyone's been bitching at him for fighting Obsecure Europeans and now it shouldn't be any different?

hahahaha here comes sin with the "Kessler has beat 5 top ranked SMW in a row" bull****. All of them euro trash along his lines.
              Yea I agree...look at Kesslers record hes a joke...look at his opponents. stop it.

Joe Cal should move up and fight Tarver, Roy Jones, Bernard, Chad Dawson, Glen Johnson or Winky Wright.

A kessler is pointless..kessler is good but hes not a NAME!!!!!....the guys i mentioned are except Dawson who is an up and coming star.

Comment

If he did fight and beat Kessler, most here would rubbish Kessler as a bum who beat no-one, it would be like the Lacy win all over again.

HBO control Joe now and if you were a HBO business man what would you rather, American Vs. Brit or Dane Vs. Brit, hmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                  Screw that.

Honestly, I don't think Kessler's competition is that great but he's beaten all the other top contenders impressively albeit in an average division. No one can deny that he is the biggest threat to Calzaghe at 168 and that's why people want this fight.

And regarding obscure Europeans, I don't consider them obscure anymore when they are featured on HBO. How many of the previous Euros had that kind of backing?

Comment

Originally posted by Liaison View Post
                    HBO control Joe now and if you were a HBO business man what would you rather, American Vs. Brit or Dane Vs. Brit, hmmmmm.
                    lol no ****.

I'm not going to sit and read nonsense about how Calzaghe never leaves his backyard.....but he's supposed to fight an obsecure dane who hardly anyone outside of the hardcore boxing world even knows about? LOL.

Calzaghe has done enough taking random challenges against people and was always critiqued in doing so......how is this any different?

I don't care if Kessler in reality makes people think "Hearns Who?".....the fact remains he's a Dane nobody and that's that. Calzaghe shouldn't fight him and rightfully so.....he's gone years without a huge fight....and this would be so far off from that destination it's not even funny.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                    X