No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma Staying in Shape, Does Not Expect Early Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma Staying in Shape, Does Not Expect Early Return

Contrary to recent reports, former two division world champion Juan Manuel Lopez (31-2, 28 KO's) does not expect to return to the ring in November. The Puerto Rican star is still serving a suspension handed down by the Puerto Rican Boxing Commission. Juanma was suspended for the post fight comments that followed his TKO loss to Orlando Salido in their March rematch. During that interview, Juanma blamed his loss on the referee and made allegations that the referee was a gambler. Juanma later apologized for the comments.

[Click Here To Read More]

A year pay cut due to talking **** immediately after getting repeatedly bashed on the head.

Comment

what a joke, they should of just fined him a percentage of his purse and moved on but to suspend the guy an entire year??

peterson who cheated using synthetic tesosterone can get a fight but juanma who made a stupid statement in a punch drunk frame of mind cant? something isnt right with this picture.

Comment

maybe he learns how to box the right way instead of bashing his fellow countrymen like wv2 and cotto maybe this will make him more humble he shouldnt be suspended so long but it is what it is

Comment

Still can't believe they did that to this kid. What JuanMa did was wrong, but so was the penalty the commission handed down. I hope at the very least Lopez has made good use of the time off.

Comment

The one year suspension was too harsh a punishment for what he did.

I know what he said was incredibly stupid, but he wasnt in a right state of mind. He had just taken a beating afterall.

Hopefully all of this has humbled him.

The guy needs to stop relying solely on his power. He needs a new trainer. He'll, he needs an entirely new corner.

He may not be an amazing boxer, but he can still have a nice, solid career.

Comment

Poor guy is going to end up like Wilfredo Benitez if he keeps taking those head shots.

Comment

servs him well , him n his big mouth

Comment

I don't understand how others can excuse him with the punch drunk or just got beaten up badly excuse. Other people get KTFO worse and also take beatings but don't act in that fashion. And still remain humble or at the least are pissed but not insulting a man and his family. I do not excuse that one bit. It shows the true character of the man. And like I said. Sure he took a beating but others have taken the same and if not worse and their professionalism remained intact. NO EXCUSES.

Comment

I wish him luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X