No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ismayl Sillakh Heading Up To Cruiserweight Ranks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ismayl Sillakh Heading Up To Cruiserweight Ranks

Longtime light heavyweight contender Ismayl Sillakh (21-2, 17KOs) is making a lot of changes in his career. One of the biggest, is his decision to leave the light heavyweight division behind. Sillakh is moving up to the cruiserweight division, a jump of 25-pounds, where the lanky 6'3 fighter believes he will be better suited for battle. In his last fight, on November 30th against WBO 175-pound champion Sergey Kovalev, Sillakh was stopped in two rounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

Great idea!

Probably should just join the office worker ranks unless he just likes getting ktfo'd.

Comment

Kovalev and Stevenson are chasing guys out of LHW one by one.

Comment

Sillakh vs Cleverly @ Cruiser, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          Can Bellew join the party? Or is it only Kovalevs victims?

Actually TBF at least Sillakh was already on his way up to cruiser - 2 fights before Kovalev he weghed in at 198, but he started coming back down again when the Kovalev fight first became a possibility back around May or June '13.

I can understand that all 3 guys are tall for LHWs, but why does getting KTFO at 175 make them think they'll take the bigger punchers at CW?
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-16-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

So every light heavy that gets KTFO by either Stevenson or kovalev move UP in weight? Because weight is an excuse...they simply got KTFO by better fighters. And bellew is a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Can Bellew join the party? Or is it only Kovalevs victims?

Actually TBF at least Sillakh was already on his way up to cruiser - 2 fights before Kovalev he weghed in at 198, but he started coming back down again when the Kovalev fight first became a possibility back around May or June '13.

I can understand that all 3 guys are tall for LHWs, but why does getting KTFO at 175 make them think they'll take the bigger punchers at CW?
              I asked myself this question also. Maybe I think that's what they're all telling themselves to justify being victimized by KOv, or they think fighting at that weight is making them weaker and the extra weight should give them more strength? I wonder if the media has asked them why the move.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                That was a thought. He can go to CW just fight LHW coming up.

Comment

Kovalev is quickly becoming one of the most feared fighters in the sport.

Comment

I don't think his career will have much success. he never got back on the winning track in lhw, got schooled there. looked like a ****** with all his hype and now cw. watch him call out klits after being koed few times in cw

Comment

Working...
                    X