Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Says To Forget a Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Arum was building that area in Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by WESS
      Like I said for years. Bob Arum never had Floyd on his agenda.
      Easy to blame Bob but neither did Floyd. He made it clear this weekend with his "I won't put money in TR's pockets" comment.

Pacquiao had intentions. Arum and Floyd didn't. Health and pride first.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

People here act like Arum won't toss his first born in the ring with a lion if/and given all the bargaining leverage and control of the event..anyone thinking Arum wouldn't risk pacquaio but still in the same breath running around for years saying pacquaio is overrated is presenting quite the oxymoron. If he was overrated as some would state wouldn't a pimp cash out his top ho to the biggest John? or he going to risk a no name john exposing him? If Arum wasn't willing to risk his fighter he would've never forced Mayweather to fight Castillo which btw is on tape both Floyd Jr and Roger stating they didn't want the fight. This fight was never going to happen because it wasn't Pacquaio vs Mayweather it was Mayweather's ego vs Bob Arums ego..and that's all it was in the end. You can't co-operate if both people want to be bosses at the same damn time..same reason why Donaire vs Rigo has taken so long..now i'm willing to bet had a third party come in and said here's a hundred million to each fighter..I control the fight the event and the promo..this fight would've happened..why?Too much money and no side is one upping the other...but alas nobody made the offer and the best we can hope for is fight night someday giving us both fighters in the same game so we can simulate it. Oh and if you want to know what I base my opinion on..well Arum is a student of Don King from the 60's and the Ali era..

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
          Easy to blame Bob but neither did Floyd. He made it clear this weekend with his "I won't put money in TR's pockets" comment.

afraid of needles and attemting to negotiate a cutoff date suggest in 09 floyd was more than willing.

Comment

So the stadium isn't done.

Comment

I bet Floyd felt like a real idiot after watching the last Marquez fight. I firmly believe he could have easily beat Pac at that point in Manny's career, but instead he missed a golden opportunity to cement his legacy and make a boat load of money in the process - something which he cares more about it seems. Lesson for everyone. Take the door while it's open, once it closes it's over...

Comment

No one wants to see this fight now for what? Marquez ko's Pac in the 6th round took everything out of a Mayweather vs Pac fight. This fight should have happen 3 yrs. ago time to move on.

Comment

I called this **** like 5 years ago. I said it wont ever happen, I didnt really care because theirs many exciting fighters out there to put on great fights, these arrogant cats never made me a fan of them. Floyd never wanted any of Pacquiao anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post

This^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bierstadt View Post
                      I bet Floyd felt like a real idiot after watching the last Marquez fight. I firmly believe he could have easily beat Pac at that point in Manny's career, but instead he missed a golden opportunity to cement his legacy and make a boat load of money in the process - something which he cares more about it seems. Lesson for everyone. Take the door while it's open, once it closes it's over...
                      Floyd is still going to make a boat load of money. So that lesson is for Pac

Comment

Working...
                      X