No announcement yet.

The Mayweather Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mayweather Question

I get on this site sometimes and all I hear is Floyds a coward floyd doesn't fight anyone Floyd is overrated etc. But first I must say any guy who laces up gloves is not a coward, to think so is stupid. Of course it's a business and some guys may make smart business decisions but no boxer is a coward. Second why is it that Floyd has to fight middle weights in martinez, junior middle weights in canelo, and go back on his word with manny when every thing manny wants now Floyd agreed on in 09 when manny was looking invincible and took off the table after manny declined and started to decline? In reality Floyd could fight at 140 seeing as how he never comes in weighing over 150 but yet anyone he fights other than those 3 guys is a cherry pick but yet these other guys can fight anyone they want and be call pound for pound and atgs. Why is this if Floyd is really an overrated hype job?

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
    I get on this site sometimes and all I hear is Floyds a coward floyd doesn't fight anyone Floyd is overrated etc. But first I must say any guy who laces up gloves is not a coward, to think so is stupid. Of course it's a business and some guys may make smart business decisions but no boxer is a coward. Second why is it that Floyd has to fight middle weights in martinez, junior middle weights in canelo, and go back on his word with manny when every thing manny wants now Floyd agreed on in 09 when manny was looking invincible and took off the table after manny declined and started to decline? In reality Floyd could fight at 140 seeing as how he never comes in weighing over 150 but yet anyone he fights other than those 3 guys is a cherry pick but yet these other guys can fight anyone they want and be call pound for pound and atgs. Why is this if Floyd is really an overrated hype job?
    well he has the light middleweight belt and both canelo and martinez want to fight him at 154 where he has the belt. So If your the champion and so called p4p king whats the problem? So stepping in the ring now automatically your are not a coward, then I guess he is a fighter with no balls or heart.
    Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 11-29-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      well he has the light middleweight belt and both canelo and martinez want to fight him at 154 where he has the belt. So If your the champion and so called p4p king whats the problem?
      You're missing the point my point is if he really is this overrated boring guy who cherry picks why do people care? I think the reality is people deep down know he is that good that's why other fighters get a pass not fighting out of there comfort zone like Manny not wanting to fight at 154 when he comes to the ring weighing about the same as Mayweather and had a paper belt at 154. Why Martinez doesn't have to fight Ward and why Canelo has yet to even fight a real 154 pounder. And I like all them guys but fact is they all get a pass. Only guy I have saw catch any heat lately is Canelo.

Comment

Good post

Unfortunately you will now get a barrage of floyd haters and pac lovers wade in on why Floyd is a coward and a ducker and why he should fight Wlad and Carl Froch on the same night otherwise he aint done sh** in his life

Look forward to the Red K my friend

Comment

I'm already ready..lol either most people will not respond due to nothing valid to say or spew hate just because they have nothing better to say

Comment

Floyd's one of my favourite fighters, but dude open your eyes since time began the best fought the best no questions asked. They said SRL was a duck but atleast he fought the best. When your claiming your #1 you must proove your #1 yes floyd has beat everyone put in front of him and he must be saying to himself "how many guys must I beat for these guys to believe I'm the man" but the joke is they'll just keep throwing names out the hat saying sheet like "well he didn't fight this or that guy". but if your making a comeback in 2009 saying you want manny pacquiao then you go on to fighting JMM,mosley,Ortiz,cotto people start question why this **** ain't happend. No champion in history ever asked for ost

Comment

You're missing the point my point is if he really is this overrated boring guy who cherry picks why do people care? I think the reality is people deep down know he is that good that's why other fighters get a pass not fighting out of there comfort zone like Manny not wanting to fight at 154 when he comes to the ring weighing about the same as Mayweather and had a paper belt at 154. Why Martinez doesn't have to fight Ward and why Canelo has yet to even fight a real 154 pounder. And I like all them guys but fact is they all get a pass. Only guy I have saw catch any heat lately is Canelo.
              Your missing the point. Mayweather is baby sitting his throne. Why cant he fight Canelo or Martinez if they willing to fight him at 154. Weighing mayweather on what he does or dont do against another man is silly, so bringing up what pacquaio or martinez should do or why people say it okay for them has no merit in this conversation. Mayweather is the P4P king, Has the 154 title belt, Both Canelo and Martinez want the fight, Both fights will sell extermely well, Both will take any drug testing he wants. So what the problem?

What your basically saying is since Canelo fighting bums its okay for mayweather to fight bums? So you put canelo and mayweather on the same pedalstol? same with martinez, you say why cant martinez move up to 168 to fight ward then why cant mayweather go to 154 to fight Martinez or hell 160 if hes froggy?
              Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 11-29-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Anyone know how much cotto weighed for his fight I doubt it was over 160. Martinez would outweigh floyd by 20-25 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
                  Floyd's one of my favourite fighters, but dude open your eyes since time began the best fought the best no questions asked. They said SRL was a duck but atleast he fought the best. When your claiming your #1 you must proove your #1 yes floyd has beat everyone put in front of him and he must be saying to himself "how many guys must I beat for these guys to believe I'm the man" but the joke is they'll just keep throwing names out the hat saying sheet like "well he didn't fight this or that guy". but if your making a comeback in 2009 saying you want manny pacquiao then you go on to fighting JMM,mosley,Ortiz,cotto people start question why this **** ain't happend. No champion in history ever asked for ost
                  You open your eyes who is there for floyd to fight honestly When he challenged Mosley, Kazta zu, Manny and the list goes on in there primes those guys made excuses now that Floyd is the Moeny maker all these guys want to scream he ducked them. And you can't compare guys then to now. Fighters then didn't even make 100 grand fighting Ali was the first to make over a million in a fight so those guys fought because they had to. I would bet my life if fighters back then made as much money as they do now they wouldn't have fought as much as they did

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    Your missing the point. Mayweather is baby sitting his throne. Why cant he fight Canelo or Martinez if they willing to fight him at 154. Weighing mayweather on what he does or dont do against another man is silly, so bringing up what pacquaio or martinez should do or why people say it okay for them has no merit in this conversation. Mayweather is the P4P king, Has the 154 title belt, Both Canelo and Martinez want the fight, Both fights will sell extermely well, Both will take any drug testing he wants. So what the problem?

What your basically saying is since Canelo fighting bums its okay for mayweather to fight bums? So you put canelo and mayweather on the same pedalstol? same with martinez, you say why cant martinez move up to 168 to fight ward then why cant mayweather go to 154 to fight Martinez or hell 160 if hes froggy?
                    Not at all honestly I don't think Floyd should be fighting at 154 he small for 147 to be honest. My point is if he really sucks like people claim why should do they care? Honestly I think Floyd should fight canelo Martinez is another story the dude a knocking out Middleweights I don't think Manny or Floyd or any welter should fight him. Canelo can fight him but that's about it

Comment

Working...
                    X