No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul McCloskey-Julio Diaz Showdown in Play For May 5th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paul McCloskey-Julio Diaz Showdown in Play For May 5th

Junior welterweight Paul McCloskey (23-1, 12KOs) is going to fight former world champion Julio Diaz on the 5th of May. McCloskey's manager Francie McNicholl said the venue needs be to confirmed, but King's Hall was a possibility. McCloskey has not fought since beating Breidis Prescott in September 2011. In April that year, McCloskey lost to Amir Khan on a controversial points decision in Manchester.

[Click Here To Read More]

man, i would love to see the kidd win one more.

Comment

A step back for Paul.

But whatever. There are worse fights out there for him.

Comment

If he looses thismthen he'll have to return to fighting european level fightes as i thought prescot beat him even although he got the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by tripper View Post
          If he looses thismthen he'll have to return to fighting european level fightes as i thought prescot beat him even although he got the decision.
          Missed the Presscott bout, but Paul's big stage against Amir brought him back down to reality quickly. While i dont htink he will ever be anything but avg, but with Julio losing to good comp (cayo, holt, ect), Paul is finished and will have no choice but to take his career overseas and keep it there.

Comment

This is horrible. Dudey looked good in the bout against Prescott (which could have gone either way). Then not fight for 9 months & return against a shot Diaz. Julio was decent in his day but that day was years ago & after his chilling kayo by Kendall Holt I thought he'd retire.

But this fight does nothing for McCloskey. If he wins on points, he'll look bad for not stopping a shot fighter. If he KO's him then so what & if he happens to lose...............

Comment

Working...
            X