No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merhcant's Take on Nonito Donaire and His Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merhcant's Take on Nonito Donaire and His Future

Everyone is still soaking in the aftermath of Nonito Donaire's breathtaking victory over Fernando Montiel, which took place on Saturday night at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada. In one of the more vicious knockouts in recent memory, Donaire leveled his Los Mochis foe with a picturesque counter left hand and finished him off after he rose moments later, capturing the WBC and WBO bantamweight titles in the process.
    [Click Here To Read More]

typo.........

Comment

everyone goin crazy for doniare yeah hes good like but aint done nothink yet for this fuss montiel vic darch and maybe raul martinez only half decent fighters hes faced if he does move up both gamboa and lopez will k,o him pac beat barrera morales marquez all will be hall of famers before getin anykind of fame which seems to becoming doniares way now hes a talent yeah but no more than khan bradley lopez gamboa in my eyes those low weights have no talent realy like the heavy division lets see when hes in with proper class

Comment

Originally posted by leemoorcroft View Post
        everyone goin crazy for doniare yeah hes good like but aint done nothink yet for this fuss montiel vic darch and maybe raul martinez only half decent fighters hes faced if he does move up both gamboa and lopez will k,o him pac beat barrera morales marquez all will be hall of famers before getin anykind of fame which seems to becoming doniares way now hes a talent yeah but no more than khan bradley lopez gamboa in my eyes those low weights have no talent realy like the heavy division lets see when hes in with proper class
        Darchinyan, Sidoernko, Montiel are very good wins.

Comment

Donaire knocks out Gamboa and Lopez to the point where they won't know a week later what the FK sledge hammer they were hit with.

Comment

leemoorcroft...you must have missed the fight, blinked, fell asleep, not taking notes on either montiel or donaire. montiel 5 year winning streak and just took out hasegawa. donaire just utterly killed him tko2, darch tko5, and sidoernko tko4. if he takes out the winner of the bantam weight tourney. he's moving up and gamboa or juanma will have a long night.

like others have said he's a mix breed boxer and a puncher (manny+floyd). pretty damn good to me.

Comment

Donaire is good but dont get ahead of ureself wv2 beat ure next pac and would beat donaire lopez would ko donaire easy donaire needs to stay at 118 and beat mares perez king kong and rematch vic

Comment

Merchant is right. Donaire is more of an American-Filipino or a Filipino-American. Point is he should be aiming for American fans of all colors and heritage not just the Filipino fans. He is an American. He is educated, lived, fed, and enjoyed his life in the U.S. for 18 years. He came to the U.S. as a 10 year old now he is 28 years old been an American citizen for a while and Americanized too.

Why can't he be like Oscar de la Hoya proud being an American (U.S. Gold medalist) and proud of his heritage as a Mexican? I know Donaire can speak better English without that stupid twang he keeps putting so he can connect with the Filipinos. Donaire can speak English as a Californian without an accent.

So, like Merchant said "I see him as an American-Filipino" and so do I.

P.S. Donaire tried for the U.S. Olympic boxing team that to you says what type of a person he is just an ordinary American (with Filipino heritage) fighting one round at a time for greatness.
                Last edited by jjbj2; 02-21-2011, 01:07 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

The Elite :

The best have POWER , Gameness and ring smarts. Donaire has proven he is one to recon with !!

Watching him fight and comparing the great LOPEZ, Donaire will win that fight.

Same with Gamboa.

Same with anyone else,,,I see no one who can beat him.

His skills are as good , no,,, better than Mayweather, Donaire has a great defense , and tremendous counters, but his offense is #1 ! He shows greater power than Mayweather shows,,,,and one more thing Donaire has over Mayweather making him a greater P4P fighter is his GUTS , Donaire goes in to KILL not run and shoulder roll, that is the biggest farce to watch, makes you want to puke to see it, Mayweather just don't have that killer in him.

Fighters like Pac , Donaire , Lopez, Montiel, make you say , who needs the heavyweights ?

Comment

Donaire has 'god-given' talent but if he keeps on using it against 'midgets' then what a waste! If he wants to be seen as the next Pac, he really needs to go chase after guys his size. Don't give me that the-same-weight excuse, he has never fought anyone his size. He's 28yrs old at 118, are we going to see him in 147? At this rate, no chance in hell.

Comment

Working...
                    X