No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs Larry Holmes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this matchup.
    For some reason I like prime Holmes in this fight.
    Someone said a few posts up that Louis could trade jabs with Holmes, I doubt it. I think the fight would be a very tactical one with Holmes getting the UD.

Comment

Muchmoore first i was Gforeman1949 on the Larry Holmes Fourm and basically that is all you talked bout there.How nobody could beat Tyson in his prime when he did lose in his prime.How Tyson has the best chin in boxing history even though he was knocked out 5 times .You did say Ruddock punched harder than Foreman and was the better fighter you and that other guy Returntorampage did.You did critize Foreman for losing to Holyfield and Morisson but made excuses for Tyson losing to Holyfield and Williams and Mcbride.
      But anyway i figure this if Walcott could outbox Louis and knocke him down i believe 4 times in their 2 fights then Holmes should be able to out box Louis and knock him out.(You can say Louis was past his prime but i believe Walcott was even older than Louis)

Comment

Does anyone have a video of a Joe Louis they could post here or send it to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
          Does anyone have a video of a Joe Louis they could post here or send it to me?
          If yousendit is working, I can upload Louis' fight with Max Baer (or vs. Billy Conn, if you prefer) and send it to you via a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyhearns804
            Muchmoore first i was Gforeman1949 on the Larry Holmes Fourm and basically that is all you talked bout there.How nobody could beat Tyson in his prime when he did lose in his prime.How Tyson has the best chin in boxing history even though he was knocked out 5 times .You did say Ruddock punched harder than Foreman and was the better fighter you and that other guy Returntorampage did.You did critize Foreman for losing to Holyfield and Morisson but made excuses for Tyson losing to Holyfield and Williams and Mcbride.
            But anyway i figure this if Walcott could outbox Louis and knocke him down i believe 4 times in their 2 fights then Holmes should be able to out box Louis and knock him out.(You can say Louis was past his prime but i believe Walcott was even older than Louis)
            Lmao....

I dont even think Tysons the best of all time, so idk what you are talking about.

Comment

Louis by brutal KO and shows why he's the greatest heavyweight of all time..

Comment

Lol Muchmoore you dont think Tyson is that good?Haha but then you have him ranks as your second greatest fighter of all time.You did say Tyson has the best chin in heavyweight history .Don't you remember or since you are in this forum you are changing?You claimed Douglas was the hardest puncher the division ever seen and it took tons of punches before Tyson was knocked down so that must mean Tyson has a great chin.And since Tyson wasnt the hardest puncher or even close to being the hardest puncher(Holyfield said a old Foreman hits alot harder than Tyson)so how do you figure he is the second best heavyweight of all time?And what does this have to do with Holmes or Louis.

Comment

Douglas is the hardest hitter in the division?Yeah, that would be something i would say

What i said was that i dont think Tysons the best of all time,i didnt say he wasnt that good, which you would realize if you had half a brain.

Tyson is currently SIXTH on my all time chin list, and its been around there for a while. I would never, even if i was drunk, say he had a better chin than George Chuvalo, David Tua or Tex Cobb

Stop following me to every topic i have posted on and insulting me.

Comment

hearn and muchmore can you guys stop bull****ing here?

Comment

Ok, i will try to not answer hearns insults on me. I was merely replying to his rude posts toward me lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X