No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Burgos: Martinez Got a Draw Because PR Has One Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Burgos: Martinez Got a Draw Because PR Has One Champ

Super featherweight contender Juan Carlos Burgos went to a controversial twelve round draw with WBO champion Rocky Martinez last Saturday in New York. He joined us on The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene's official audio show to talk about the fight.

"I think I definitely deserved to win. Lots of people told me I won but for some reason two judges didn't think I won. I can't really explain why that is. I thought I clearly did more than enough to win. There wasn't any doubt I won," Burgos explained.

We asked Burgos if he thought that something dirty might have gone on behind the scenes to affect the decision. I also brought up Martinez's previous fight which was split decision victory over Miguel Beltran that some people thought Beltran deserved the victory. [Click Here To Read More]

Burgos you were about to get a inmediate rematch, but with those comments(true or not) he can kiss goodbye to the rematch!

He shouldn't be making such dumb comments!

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
      Burgos you were about to get a inmediate rematch, but with those comments(true or not) he can kiss goodbye to the rematch!

He shouldn't be making such dumb comments!
      **** that man, it is not like he is lying about anything. That decision was definitely corrupt. Im Rican and big up our fighters but **** Rocky knows deep down inside he didnt win that fight.

Comment

Really? He is going to repeat the same stupid things dumb posters around here say. Rocky got that gift because one incompetent judge. Rocky dont even have a following here in the island. If you ask around not many people know who he is.

Comment

When I saw that fight and heard the decision all I thought was Arum is at it again. That decision was horrible and jtcs that decision was actually 2 judges because the other scored it a draw which it was nowhere near that. Burgos won that fight easily and was ROBBED WITHOUT A GUN!!!!! Burgos has the right to say whatever he wants as far as that fight is concerned IMO.

Comment

Burgos

Currently we only have two champs: Rocky and Danny.

I dont think the champ count had anything to do with the judges decision, they saw a different fight that we did on TV, maybe they judged the fight based on Burgos backing into a corner for the most part of the fight and getting tagged by Rocky everytime he choosed to do that which was countless times.

Again, I think Burgos won the fight by split decision but not unanimous decision. Rocky was the aggresor and was backing up burgos for most of the fight.

Rocky IS followed by the island and is well known but he was inactive for a while and this is his only his second fight since he got back into the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
              Really? He is going to repeat the same stupid things dumb posters around here say. Rocky got that gift because one incompetent judge. Rocky dont even have a following here in the island. If you ask around not many people know who he is.
              1 incompetent Judge????????

Try 2, you can't get a draw unless 1 judge scores it a draw and the other 2 split their decision.

Comment

Burgos will beat the shiiet out of that sapo looking kid in the rematch.. hopefully in san juan with 3 rican judges and rican ref... then paint a dirty sanchez mustache in paquito valcarcels face...with paquitos own poop...
                Last edited by controlmachete; 01-24-2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
                  Currently we only have two champs: Rocky and Danny.

I dont think the champ count had anything to do with the judges decision, they saw a different fight that we did on TV, maybe they judged the fight based on Burgos backing into a corner for the most part of the fight and getting tagged by Rocky everytime he choosed to do that which was countless times.

Again, I think Burgos won the fight by split decision but not unanimous decision. Rocky was the aggresor and was backing up burgos for most of the fight.

Rocky IS followed by the island and is well known but he was inactive for a while and this is his only his second fight since he got back into the ring.
                  I know you aren't saying those pitty pat punches were tagging him all night. The body work alone Burgos did was more than enough.

Comment

He certainly didn't hold anything back.....

Comment

Working...
                    X