Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's The Lowest Amount Of Body Fat, You Can Get To, Whilst Still Being Healthy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's The Lowest Amount Of Body Fat, You Can Get To, Whilst Still Being Healthy?

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Generally speaking depends on your bodytype and genetics. I would say somewhere around 8% is something you can maintain through out the year

Comment

8-10% for a high level athlete.

But like the above poster said, it depends a lot on your body type.

Comment

Depends on your body type. It's also debated. Timothy Bradley has 3% body fat. Bruce Lee had even less. It's very unhealthy to have under 5-6%.

Comment

Gym rat is spot on!! for some one who is looking to box and training 4+ days a weeks you should carry 6-7% and depending on your figure and how fatigued you get you could drop to 3% for a fight!

Comment

Originally posted by stocks01 View Post
            Gym rat is spot on!! for some one who is looking to box and training 4+ days a weeks you should carry 6-7% and depending on your figure and how fatigued you get you could drop to 3% for a fight!
            Those numbers are artificially low, and I'm willing to bet that people who think they're 6-7% bodyfat would would find out they're quite a bit higher if they were tested hydrostatically.

Comment

I gotta say anything under 7% is likely chemically infused(besides an extremely streineous diet and training that is more likely to put you in a grave then make you strong and healthy) and 5-6% is what a 90s bodybuilder looked like.
              As for bruce lee, I just dont believe he had a bfp that low, he was very defined not so much that he was lean, but by how little underskin water he held.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                Those numbers are artificially low, and I'm willing to bet that people who think they're 6-7% bodyfat would would find out they're quite a bit higher if they were tested hydrostatically.
                Exactly.

Tim Bradley doesn't have 3% bf, and neither did Bruce Lee. Professional bodybuilders at the Olympia are (or were) around 3%, and they're completely drained and very weak at that moment. They're only like that for a very short time. I mean look at the late Andreas Munzer, this is 3%.

I'd say at 7/8% you're fine and you're still very very cut at that percentage.

Comment

If you're Amir Khan, it is 1 %. But for the rest of humanity anything under 5% you are pushing the absolute limits.

Comment

I walk around at 7 or 8 easily. fight at 5. not unhealthy in my book.

Comment

Working...
                    X