Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: A Fond Farewell To Gentleman Glen Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll never forget the Jones fight, where Stewart was just talking crap about Johnson pressuring & throwing punches then boom, lights out. Johnson made Stewart swallow his tongue. Good luck in retirement Road Warrior!!

Comment

God's speed to you champ!

Comment

Glen's a very personable & warm guy & hope he has some of his $$ 2 care 4 him in his deserved retirement...such an excellent boxer/sportsman who was screwed over & given the wrong end of the decison more than 4 or 5 times...hope he has luck & a lon life in what ever he chosses as a young 43 yr old...Stay well champ!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
          Great Career! He deserves the HOF just for the grit he has shown!
          Good post. Green K, the mans dedication and determination and most importantly CHARACTER should earn him a spot in the HOF

Comment

What is (or should be) the Road warrior true record ?

In light of Glen's recent retirement, I thought I could pay my homage to the man and the fighter by creating this thread.

We all know Glen has been robbed many times. I would like to determine what would be his record if he hadn't been robbed so much.

Feel free to add, discuss, bitcsh or whatever.

The obvious robberies I know of:

Sven Ottke. Johnson whooped him. Just have to see Ottke's face at the end of the fight, his expression, to know he knew he had lost.

Silvio Branco. Dude got pummeled all night long. Couldn't get out of the way of Glen's overhand right.

Clinton Woods. Out of the draw and the SD battles, at least one was a pure robbery, the draw one. I haven't seen their third fight yet.

Julio Cesar Gonzales. Horrible robbery.

If we could change just these wrongs, Glen would have 4 more wins over former world champs, and a 55-14-1 record instead of 51-17-2.

The close fights some people say Glen won:

Dawson I
            Cloud

If you have seen other fights Glen ''lost'' and that you feel he was robbed, just add them !

Comment

Champ

An inspiration to the sport of boxing,iIn my opinion this man should have a gold ticket for the HOF as it not for the likes jhonson boxing would struggle a Champ who comes out given 110% every time just to know he's gonna get stitched up.May u live a long and fruitful life CHAMP.....

Comment

we can only hope we have another glen johnson. fighters like him are RARE.

Comment

Was there ever a fight where Glen Johnson didnt think he got robbed? That ish got old after a while. After every loss he would say he got robbed

Comment

Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
                    Was there ever a fight where Glen Johnson didnt think he got robbed? That ish got old after a while. After every loss he would say he got robbed
                    True.

But put that aside, he DID get robbed multiple times. So when he would lose a close fight, he would automatically call it a robbery. But we know better.

Comment

Best of luck Glen you were a true warrior and gent, testament to the sport.

Such a misleading record.

Comment

Working...
                      X