No announcement yet.

Martinez calls out Mayweather "I Will Crack Your Bones Like I Did To Chavez Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    More of a challenge?? No, try career suicide. Martinez gets mollywhoped by Ward. But by your standards Floyd has to be no challenge. Since the fight should be condemned. I mean since a former 154lb champ can't meet a current 154lb champ & all.
    the only reason I expect it to be condemned BY YOU is because you have ranted and raved about floyd/manny/canelo regarding the issue of money grabs vs challenge.

And you know damn well if I ever said it was ok for floyd to win the MW crown at a catchweight or in a154lb fight you'd be killing me based on my prevous posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      "He takes the test, we got a fight”.

manny agreed to take the test... wait I thought we got a fight now? WAT HAPPENED? oh wait floyd was talking to baldomir not manny. what floyd told manny was "He takes the test, we got a fight.....in court because I'M A RUNNIN!"
      They never agreed to take the test homie. Watch the video. In 2011, roach says they would be Hypocrites to ask Mosley to take a test because they NEVER AGREED TO TESTING! watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlayWS7TNE

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I didn't really want to get involved in this, but Oscar ducked Margarito to fight Manny Pacquiao. I highly doubt Oscar was so much better a year earlier that he would beat Margarito bad if he didn't even think he was good enough to beat him a year later.
        Oscar would have beat the career out of Margarito in 2007, a year is a long time in boxing and 2007 was Oscar's last time he looked like a real fighter.

Margarito is tailor made for Oscar~ considering this was about when the Floyd fight occurred not later, and at 154 Margarito was never anything~
        Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-28-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          the only reason I expect it to be condemned BY YOU is because you have ranted and raved about floyd/manny/canelo regarding the issue of money grabs vs challenge.

And you know damn well if I ever said it was ok for floyd to win the MW crown at a catchweight or in a154lb fight you'd be killing me based on my prevous posts.
          Yes, but Floyd Martinez at 154 is in fact a challenge & a competitive fight along with the most meaningful & biggest mega fight that can possibly be made. So I don't see how you could expect (ME) to condemn that challenge.

I'll also Guarantee you right now that I would not condemn Floyd against Martinez at a catchweight for the middleweight strap. I don't even know where you conjured that crap up from. I should expect it though, after all you go through extreme lengths to make excuse for the biggest fight in boxing not being made. Based on previous posts and all.

Comment

• BushBaby, how was Cotto drained going down one pound, if Sergio wouldn't be drained going down to 154, where he hasn't been in 4 years???

How was Cotto drained???

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              BushBaby, how was Cotto drained going down one pound, if Sergio wouldn't be drained going down to 154, where he hasn't been in 4 years???

How was Cotto drained???
              It all revolves around you. Do you believe that Cotto training to 147 is the same as him training to 145?? Answer that & you have your answer. Floyd fans should be ashamed using Pac+ard logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                BushBaby, how was Cotto drained going down one pound, if Sergio wouldn't be drained going down to 154, where he hasn't been in 4 years???

How was Cotto drained???
                You ever consider Cotto was drained vs Clottey too you idiot? Maybe thats why he looked like **** vs Clottey.. He clearly outgrew 147.. Cotto beats Pac at 154. thats why PAc refuses to fight him at that weight

Comment

Yes, but Floyd Martinez at 154 is in fact a challenge & a competitive fight along with the most meaningful & biggest mega fight that can possibly be made. So I don't see how you could expect (ME) to condemn that challenge.

I'll also Guarantee you right now that I would not condemn Floyd against Martinez at a catchweight for the middleweight strap. I don't even know where you conjured that crap up from. I should expect it though, after all you go through extreme lengths to make excuse for the biggest fight in boxing not being made. Based on previous posts and all.
                  you missunderstood. I wasn't implying you would condemn it for a MW strap. I said if I said it was ok, given that in the past Ive said no catchweight in title fights, i'd expect to be called on it.

ive made no excuses. its simple, canelo/floyd sells more than segrio/floyd so i figure floyd does a canelo fight 1st. so if floyd has for example $5 mil to promote a fight It makes sense he chooses the one that turns that $5 mil into $100 mil, not just $65 mil.

Comment

It all revolves around you. Do you believe that Cotto training to 147 is the same as him training to 145?? Answer that & you have your answer. Floyd fans should be ashamed using Pac+ard logic.
                    So then Martinez training to 160 would not be the same as him training to 154, right???

Cotto wasn't drained. I've never been on the Cotto drained thing. Oscar, yeah, hadn't been that low in 8-9 years and he was way past it, he was drained.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                      You ever consider Cotto was drained vs Clottey too you idiot? Maybe thats why he looked like **** vs Clottey.. He clearly outgrew 147.. Cotto beats Pac at 154. thats why PAc refuses to fight him at that weight
                      Not big on the dumb name calling man, but alright.

Cotto struggled with Clottey, mainly due to the cut he suffered early on I think. Cotto still landed the harder punches and won the fight I thought, but Cotto was not drained against Manny, he was beaten by a better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X