Collapse
No announcement yet.

how will history judge pbf?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBF will be recognized as the greatest fighter of our era (90's-10's). Let's be honest. He is a genius in all aspects of the (current) boxing world. He's the undisputed greatest defensive fighter/most accurate of all time (Compubox proven). I don't need to tell true BOXING fans that he's the g.o.a.t. You already know. I am a huge Pacquiao fan but Pacquaio is not a true boxer or else he'd have beat Marquez decisively by now. By the way, Marquez IS currently my no. 2 p4p fighter behind PBF. Anyway, to answer the question: history will prove Mayweather was the best PRIZE FIGHER, (WHICH IS THE NAME OF THE GAME) to date.

Comment

It's hard. Talent-wise he goes into the top 25 fairly comfortably, but he hasn't fought all the best opponents like so many of the other guys in there.

However, maybe we can consider that a product of our time. With so many belts and weight divisions, and the perceived importance of the '0', not fighting all of the top fighters around you is more acceptable than it was.

Think he deserves to be around 20-30.

Comment

floyd is great but fact is if he'd been around at the time of the fab 4 he'd have taken a bunch of losses and could be judged more acurately - Tommy Hearns beats him all night long, if he met Duran at lightweight he'd also take a clear loss ... at welter i'm not sure but no way does he move up to beat hagler and I reckon over 3 fights Sugar Ray gets 2 wins to 1 over him ... does this sound harsh on floyd lol?

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          A level talent B level career
          Good way to put it. Borderline ATG depending on where he goes from here. I liked him choosing Cotto as his last opponent and I think a lot of people will look favourably at his early career.

There were a span of fights and non-fights that have really harmed him though.

Not fighting Cotto when Miguel was red hotm refusing to fight Mosley because he "has more than 3 losses" and the overweight debacle of JMM.

Ortiz, a big hitting up and comer was a decent choice, Oscar at 154 too and Cotto at 154 exceptional, so maybe Floyd is starting to pull his socks up.

Comment

greatest of our era, that is if you dont include rjj into this time frame b/c he is the only guy greater than floyd since sweet pea or srl.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
              greatest of our era, that is if you dont include rjj into this time frame b/c he is the only guy greater than floyd since sweet pea or srl.
              I feel like Floyd's resume has probably exceeded Roy's and isn't definitely better or worse than Pea's, but should end up better. I do think peak Roy was more unbeatable, but I prefer Floyd over Pea.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                History will judge him well, the only negative will come from the Manny side, but even that debate is 50 for and 50 against.... Nobody will remember Margarito or whoever else.

They will watch him on tape in his prime and understand he was an extremely special fighter.
                Love your avatar man. Jones is one of my favorites too, and the video, what's that called a .gif?, on the bottom is pretty nice as well.

Comment

Agree with Anton, Jabs and Iron Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                    I feel like Floyd's resume has probably exceeded Roy's and isn't definitely better or worse than Pea's, but should end up better. I do think peak Roy was more unbeatable, but I prefer Floyd over Pea.
                    Roy's resume is 3x's better than Mayweather's.

Comment

it's funny how everyone knocked Roy's resume while he was relevant.

Comment

Working...
                      X