WHAT is with the matthysse hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
    Are you referencing black posters?
    I don't have the slightest idea what race 90% of this site is, and I don't care. I just know there is a very predictable group of posters who call every fighter that has a come forward style a no skill brawler.

Why did you think I meant black posters?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Acknowledging defense is bad why??
      What are you talking about, Rome? When did I say anything about acknowledging defense being bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Come on, you know that there is a dedicated portion of this site that discredits any fighters that don't fight defensively.
        It's like trading is the greatest sin in boxing rather than a major selling point of the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I don't have the slightest idea what race 90% of this site is, and I don't care. I just know there is a very predictable group of posters who call every fighter that has a come forward style a no skill brawler.

Why did you think I meant black posters?
          Because it seems like a large portion of posters that are fans of Matthysse are not American, and not black.

He is the anti-Floyd so a lot of other posters can relate to it. Not to mention he is a damned good fighter.

Comment

• What Bojangles said is the damn truth. When the Punisher was around, trying to fight at 147 & Floyd & Pacman were ducking him, all Floyd/Pacman fans became instant fans of Martinez the minute he crushed the Punisher. But as soon as Martinez called them out, they immediately dropped the adoration & began their own hate campaign.

It's not only with (Black) fighters. It's with any big money superstar fighter with a huge fanbase. Austin Trout (a Black fighter), is going through this right now. cause he's a threat to canelo a (Mexican) fighter. It happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              What Bojangles said is the damn truth. When the Punisher was around, trying to fight at 147 & Floyd & Pacman were ducking him, all Floyd/Pacman fans became instant fans of Martinez the minute he crushed the Punisher. But as soon as Martinez called them out, they immediately dropped the adoration & began their own hate campaign.

It's not only with (Black) fighters. It's with any big money superstar fighter with a huge fanbase. Austin Trout (a Black fighter), is going through this right now. cause he's a threat to canelo a (Mexican) fighter. It happens.
              So damn true!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                Acknowledging defense is bad why??
                It's not bad Im all for defense but to many of these so called defensive fighters aren't looking to hurt people. They train to go 12 rounds, they throw maybe 30 punches a round and that's fine but its a fuking sparring match half the time. Do you really think people watch boxing because they want to see a boxer faint for 5 min's, block a jab with a shoulder roll, and circle away to avoid an exchange completely? People want combat and not a fencing match!

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                  What posters said this?
                  Nobody did.

What's funny about his statement is that some people are so obsessed with hatred for Mayweather that they bring him up when he has nothing at all to do with this topic. I swear some people stretch as far as they can to bring his name into an argument in a negative way.

Anyway, the "hype" for Matthysse is from some posters on this site who slob his knob and act like he's this weapon of mass destruction.

Note I said SOME.

There's no denying he's a good and dangerous fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    What Bojangles said is the damn truth. When the Punisher was around, trying to fight at 147 & Floyd & Pacman were ducking him, all Floyd/Pacman fans became instant fans of Martinez the minute he crushed the Punisher. But as soon as Martinez called them out, they immediately dropped the adoration & began their own hate campaign.

I wouldn't classify anybody at 140 a big money superstar with a huge fanbase.

They are all up and coming fighters that are trying to build their fanbases and have successful careers in this sport.

Garcia, Peterson, Matthysse, and Khan all need to fight each other so that there is one man standing and one real champion in the division. And GBP is doing that but people just like to ***** and whine just to do so.

But for some reason, if you don't feel Matthysse will be that last guy standing, it's because you only like slick, black fighters. Not because you've watched his fights and still have questions about him since he didn't look like an unbeatable god in the 2 biggest fights of his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
                      Because it seems like a large portion of posters that are fans of Matthysse are not American, and not black.

He is the anti-Floyd so a lot of other posters can relate to it. Not to mention he is a damned good fighter.
                      I'm half black, and LOVE Matthysse's style of fighting.

Most of my black friends can't watch a boxing match unless they're going toe to toe.

So this notion that black people only like technical/defensive fighters is a complete lie.

It's only the Flowmo noobs, or boxing elitists.

Comment

Working...
                      X