No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl "The Cobra" Froch – Reclaiming His Birthright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl "The Cobra" Froch – Reclaiming His Birthright

By Thomas Gerbasi - There are few certainties in sports, but you can always be pretty sure that the Dominican Republic will produce major league shortstops, New York City will deliver top-notch point guards, and Pennsylvania will make quarterbacks.

Another surefire bet is that Europe, particularly England, will make some of the best 168-pound fighters in the world. Joe Calzaghe, Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Robin Reid, Stevie Collins, and Richie Woodhall are just a few of the names that have graced the division over the years, and when all is said and done, you can expect to see the name of Nottingham, England’s Carl Froch featured prominently among that group.

Winner of 28 of his 30 pro bouts, Froch is a two-time WBC super middleweight champion, a finalist in the Super Six 168-pound tournament, and on his way to a third title in his division should he beat longtime IBF titleholder Lucian Bute this Saturday in Nottingham Arena.

“This is a great matchup,” said Froch on a recent media teleconference. “It’s a great fight, and anybody can win it. I feel I’m going to win the fight, I really do. I promise that I’m going to beat Bute. He’s not mixed with my sort of level before and I just think he’s got a mountain to climb. He might shock everybody. You never know. But I’m very, very confident. He’s coming over here; he’s going to get beat. I’m going to be IBF champ and I’m going to do everything I can to make sure I win that belt.” [Click Here To Read More]

Calzaghe is Welsh and Collins is Irish.

Comment

Ole ole ole ole, Carl Froch ~ Carl Froch!!!

I will need sedating if I get any more excited about this fight.

Comment

lol "it was a close fight"

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
          Calzaghe is Welsh and Collins is Irish.
          true he should of said UK not just England

these bloody yanks never get it right lol

can't freaking wait for this fight come on Carl do us proud son

WAR COBRA!!!!!!

Comment

Calzaghe was born in England to be fair. But the article should obviously say UK..

Comment

and Otke too?

Comment

Working...
              X