Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather vs Cotto Change Your Opinion on Mayweather vs Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all. It did change my mind about Floyd-Martinez though. I used to think that fight would be competitive. But now I see Floyd gets obliterated & I no longer wish for the fight to be made.

Comment

Pacquiao has only fought three really good counterpunchers in his career. Juan Manuel Marquez, Juan Manuel Marquez, and last but not least, Juan Manuel Marquez. And Pacquiao could never really defeat Marquez in any of the three fights, let alone the most recent one where he lost, no matter what claims of improvement in Pac or decline in Marquez.

Floyd can look terrible in his next fight(terrible as in only winning 8-4, 9-3, Mayweather standard terrible), let's say against Canelo or Khan, I'd still have Mayweather beating Pacquiao. Easily.

Too short, will have no weight advantage, no reach advantage, gets hit too much, finds himself in a maze if you move to the side or back paddle, then counter.

The guy might lose to Bradley next month, then all Mayweather-Pacquiao talks will end. They should've ended after Marquez outboxed Pacquiao in their fight, but oh well, Bradley will have to make sure he ends it.

Comment

It doesn't really change my opinion much. I know Cotto got KTFO by Pac and Floyd had a harder time with him but so what? Floyd mopped the floor with Marquez and Pac struggled with him 3 times. Maybe Floyd is slipping a bit but we will see how Pac fairs against Bradley very soon. I don't think Pacquiao will have a super easy night with Bradley. We'll see.

Comment

Not really, it is my opinion that it just supports the obvious that Mayweather would truly beat Pacquiao with relative ease.

Comment

Originally posted by 30%Cottoxposeu
            your new to boxing as i figure.

He will be HOF indeed because of his work on his 130-135 career.
            his legacy at 140-154 is utter garbage/smoke.
            Im not sure if his higher weight legacy is even "savable".
            How old are you?
            For you info....I have been watching boxing for a very long time.
            So why do you keep asking how old am I?

You can pick apart every fighter that ever lived resume.
            They all got flaws on their resume.

hall of fame....thats all i got to say

Comment

your new to boxing as i figure.

He will be HOF indeed because of his work on his 130-135 career.
              his legacy at 140-154 is utter garbage/smoke.
              Im not sure if his higher weight legacy is even "savable".
              How old are you?
              He dont need CWs to beat them you dumb fuk , Manny could not beat Oscar Margo or Cotto without a CW , take their names out of Mannys resume and you got nothing so what the fuk you on about , geez you guys talk sheeeet .

To the topic , Pac is EASY for Floyd , always was and always will be , lets see Manny fight Cotto at his weight and you will see what a CW means to Manny .

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                For about 4 years now I have been saying Mayweather beats Pac. I can't lie this fight made me have some doubts.

Only because I think we saw the beginning of the decline of Floyd Mayweather. That doesn't mean he's done or past it but I do think the decline has started and what surprised me more than anything was how he couldn't move his feet as fast as he once did.

I know there are some that say he looked exactly the same as he did vs Ortiz and Mosley but there's no way. He could avoid the jab with his feet and he wasn't able to do that against Cotto.

Not taking any credit away from Cotto but if Cotto can land the left that way, it might open things for Pac even though I understand styles make fights.

Pac's movement, speed, power and being a lefty might cause Mayweather some serious trouble.
                I think Pacquiao's speed is slightly overrated. Marquez at 38 and moving up in weight was able to make Pacquiao miss repeatedly. And Pac isn't getting any younger either.

Comment

no just proves floyd can bang and beat manny down

Comment

anbody who says that if pacquiao was in cotto's place last saturday, and he couldn't beat that version of mayweather is lying to themselves.

He would have caught mayweather 10 times more than cotto did, and he always makes it count everytime he catches you by finishing up.

Not saying that he would, but to say it's impossible is stupid.
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-07-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Morales, barrera, marquez? no? just saying
                      anyway you dont sound like someone worth debating even.
                      Well you can take Morales out because he was at the end of his career. And you can take Marquez out there because out of 3 fights he beat him once. So you are left with Barrera. Good resume!

Comment

Working...
                      X