No announcement yet.

American fans, stop being bitter, Carl Froch is a good fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American fans, stop being bitter, Carl Froch is a good fighter

Although ackward and clearly not technically sound, Carl Froch is a very good fighter. Americans right now seem to be taking the easy way out and degrading Taylor in either an attempt to validate why Taylor lost, or taking a way from Froch's win.

I myself am American and I lost bets, paid them, and I'm still not taking anything from Froch. You can say Jermaine has stamina issues or whatever, but the fact is not just anyone can beat him. It's not like he's a pushover, Froch had to come back from a deep hole on the cards and a knockdown, to knock out Taylor with just 20 seconds left. I don't care what you say, that shows some grit and determination.

Give this guy some credit as he beat a very good American fighter who a lot of us were picking to win.

On my way out of Foxwoods on Saturday I was in the elevator and said to a couple that was in there "Good fight, huh?", they replied "No, the wrong guy won." It's pretty sad to me that people can't just appreciate something for what it is, and they have to base their experience off of what they WANT to happen.

Froch is a top SMW and he just beat America's top SMW, so give him the respect he deserves.
    Last edited by dans; 04-27-2009, 01:41 PM.

You'll always get haters.

**** 'em, I say.

Comment

The American term ‘blue collar fighter’ springs to mind when I think of Froch. I think Hopkins would have watched this and admired Carls resilience. I also think Hopkins would be simply too smart for Carl, though as a Brit I’d happily eat a whole humble pie over that opinion.

I see Hopkins / Froch just like Pavilk / Hopkins, which, for the record, i predicted perfectly.

We’ll see what happens. Froch is now in a strong position as he’s suddenly the ‘new fish’ and in the manor of his victory over Taylor, will have caused a stir with boxing fans, not just in the UK and the States, but the world over.

He’s got a good promoter and a sensible head on his shoulders.

The future is bright, as the say.

Comment

Can't argue that. I was saying the opposite for the first two thirds of the fight but yea, he's good. He hung in there and weathered the storm and then out it all on the line in the last round. If nothing else, he's exciting.

Personally, I don't feel that Calzaghe would have had the power to stop him myself.

Comment

Honestly, he was outclassed up until the 12th round when Taylor was tired. BUT, fair play to him, he did what he had to do, and that was knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
            Can't argue that. I was saying the opposite for the first two thirds of the fight but yea, he's good. He hung in there and weathered the storm and then out it all on the line in the last round. If nothing else, he's exciting.

Personally, I don't feel that Calzaghe would have had the power to stop him myself.
            Calslappy would of schooled Taylor from the get go though...with a fast pace and heavy volume of punches or slaps as some say !
            IMO i think JC might of even stopped him earlier to!
            It was a good win for Roch ....but we were left with more questions than answers !

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
              Calslappy would of schooled Taylor from the get go though...with a fast pace and heavy volume of punches or slaps as some say !
              IMO i think JC might of even stopped him earlier to!
              It was a good win for Roch ....but we were left with more questions than answers !
              Here's one answer we got. He's a top 3 SMW, without a doubt.

Comment

I think he is good. He's proved himself capable at World-class, so he is a world class super middleweight.

Yeah, Taylor outclassed him at times, but Taylor is a world-class fighter. I love how some Americans on here immediately **** all over their own fighters after they lose, **** stamina, no dedication and most absurdly no heart.

It's a great win for Froch against a guy who essentially better than him. When you're beating someone with more ability than you, you deserve all the credit in the world.

Personally, I want Froch vs Miranda, Bika, Andrade.

Then just sit back and watch two fighters smash eachother to pieces.

Comment

seriously speaking, Froch isnt that good, he got a lucky punch in and wouldv lost if that didnt happen. Kessler Hopkins Dawson Pavlik Abraham would all beat the living **** out this guy.

Comment

YEAHH... i notice this too...

i didnt see the fight.. but if he ko taylor!! they should stop hating and give the guy the props he deserv!!! at least hes steppin up and fighting good comp.

Comment

Working...
                    X