No announcement yet.

just bought a mac!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Macbook's are overpriced man. Looking at the price you paid, you went for the least expensive one, which if I remember bring 500gb HDD?

You can get very good laptops nowadays that bring 1TB and cost $700-800. I think Lenovo's. HP's are good too, Acer as well.

Macbook=Great laptop, but otherwise you're paying that extra $1k for a name and nothing else that you can get from another laptop.
    Acer....

One of the first things to fail in a laptop is the motherboard and ASUS is usually one step ahead, when it comes to that. ASUS is probably the best laptop brand out there, looking at build quality and hardware composition. Unless you choose to custom build one, you will ultimately get more for your money.

If you can get an i7 processor preferably 2.6+ and something you can clock to 3.3ghz, ivy bridge, radeon 7970M, anywhere from 4-8 gbs of ram, a HDD with 7200 RPM for optimal loading time from your hard disc.. That GPU is the 5th or 6th best in the world at the moment for both desktops & laptops.. It came in with a score of 3865, where a GPU manufacturers would use (such as a nVidia 630 M) comes in with a score of 7 8 6. That's circa 4 times the better GPU and in the long run those couple of extra hundred dollars, quid, euro whatever, will benefit you in the long run.

If you plan to use it for multimedia or as your gaming station..

I'm buying a finished laptop from ASUS in a week or two, paycheck gotta come in.. and I don't have that much money to spare, but if I had the money, I'd get it in a heartbeat

Comment

Originally posted by maverickuk2 View Post
      im starting to get used to it now, the best thing so far is how effortless it is to browse the web and open applications. very smooth when using the tracking pad aswell.

Good to see you are enjoying using your Mac, you will appreciate it even more over time.

Comment

what year is it?

Comment

Originally posted by maverickuk2 View Post
          i know most apple products are over priced tbh but i got the 1.7 ghz i5 3mb level 3 cache, 4 gb ram ddr3, 256gb flash storage and intel hd graphics. i paid £700 for it after looking at the receipt reduced from about £1400 i think.
          I paid £500 for a

i5 2.30ghz

6gb ram

800gbs hard-drive space

good Nvidia graphics card

- It's a good looking and well built Samsung, with a quality keyboard, and all the other features you need.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
            I paid £500 for a

i5 2.30ghz

6gb ram

800gbs hard-drive space

good Nvidia graphics card

- It's a good looking and well built Samsung, with a quality keyboard, and all the other features you need.
            Not all, it doesn't have the fruity logo on it

Comment

Working...
            X