No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caballero Loses Out, Garcia Walks For Salido Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Caballero Loses Out, Garcia Walks For Salido Clash

Sources close to WBA "regular" featherweight champion Celestino "Pelenchín" Caballero (36-4, 23KOs) have advised BoxingScene.com that Mikey Garcia (28-0, 24KOs) is no longer interested in facing him for the title. No surprise, as the fight had twists and turns on a weekly basis. Garcia is moving in another direction, with Top Rank finalizing plans to match him against WBO champion Orlando Salido (38-11-2, 26KOs) on an HBO date in October. Garcia and Salido will co-headline a card in Mexico on July 28th.

[Click Here To Read More]

Donaire vs Arce and Garcia vs Salido on same card?

Comment

Im ok with this fight. In fact, this was TOP RANKs plan when he put them on the Salido-Lopez II card in march. Winner of Juanma - Salido will fight Garcia.

Comment

Caballero is falling behind the 126 pack anyway.....it's bigger dogs to hunt

If this goes through, it'd be a huge test for Mikey. I'ma Siri fan so im ridin wit him all the way, but i'd like to see this go the distance just so i can see what type of guns Mikey gonna bring to this war. I'm not convinced.

Comment

Salido-Garcia would be an action packed fight. Caballero is slipping anyway.

Comment

better fight anyways,was getting tired of the caballero/garcia fight getting called off,this fight is better,way better,i think salido wins to me garcia sometimes just doesn't pressure enough or i think it's his corner i really don't think robert garcia is all that as a trainer,salido has faced the better guys,i think he'll win by decision

Comment

Cab should go after john. He should go beat that puto in his backyard. If not toprank should make cab vs lopez i still want to see that fight after the raping cab gave him with words.

Comment

There are a few very good boxers out there who, for one reason or another, manage themselves; Caballero being one of them. This is obviously a big mistake! There's a reason why Pacquiao has Koncz and Mayweather has Ellerbe and/or Haymon; there's also a reason why Cameron Dunkin is considered to be the best manager in boxing! Managers/advisers charge a hefty price; however, they know what they're doing and usually guide a career much better than the fighter or the trainer!

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                  Cab should go after john. He should go beat that puto in his backyard.
                  That might be the best move for Cab. Go down to Indonesia and try to get that belt off of Chris John.

Comment

Mikey would have beat him anyways

I also think Mikey will beat Salido

Comment

Working...
                    X